• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental looking for 4 Dispatchers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So did anyone here end up applying? I see the posting is no longer available. Just wondering if anyone here got the nod

I interviewed earlier this year. They flew me to Houston and gave me a voucher to take a cab from the airport to headquarters.
The first thing I did was met with the head of dispatch, and he talked with me one on one about the pay scale, and schedules. Pretty laid-back conversation. Then they gave me a written test. Had a few scenarios on it about how you would handle and prioritize certain situations (emergency, weather, etc). I do believe there were some multiple choice and fill in the blank general dispatching questions as well. Then I met with a panel of about 4 people who asked me HR type questions...nothing really technical, but mostly, "What do you like most/least about dispatching" and "tell me about your career history." It seemed intimidating sitting across from four people asking questions, but they made me feel pretty relaxed. Then they toured me around the operations center and had me sit with a dispatcher for a few hours before calling me a cab to go back to the airport.
I got a call back from HR a couple of weeks later saying something along the lines that they were waiting for approval to hire more dispatchers.....oil had starting getting really high around this time....I take it I may not have been their first choice, but if more availability came up, I would be considered. I didn't hear back from them though. I don't know if I would have liked Houston....it's a very big city, something I'm not used to. And having a new baby, I wouldn't be able to do the 6 months without health benefits. I'm surprised they won't budge on something like that...that's pretty important to most people.

Anyone have any interview gouge?

My interview is on the 29th. I think.

I had a phone interview. It wasn't as personal than being there, but since the loads were so high, they had no choice.

*but the best thing was that I could've done the interview while laying on the couch in my underwear.

Latest resources

Back