• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental is recalling Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You'll have to explain that. Are you saying the UAL furloughee would not want the job?? I am not making a seniority statement here I am saying get OUR pilots back to work.

I'd say its safe to say that they wouldn't want the job on the CAL new hire pay or benefits. Now if they were brought in with longevity, thats a different story. One year on crappy wages was enough for most of us.

I'd say its safe to say that they wouldn't want the job on the CAL new hire pay or benefits. Now if they were brought in with longevity, thats a different story. One year on crappy wages was enough for most of us.

Yeah, let's hire furloughed United guys and pay them MORE than many current CAL pilots...LOL! Nice one, you gonna be here all night???

Yeah, well, that aint gonna happen. I can hear them giggling on Smith St now.

The furloughed UAL and CAL pilots will be recalled based on XXX before any hiring off the street. Why is this an issue? The snapshot was taken when the merger was announced. It's done...there's nothing else that can be done. Even the 15 pilots recalled at CAL and will be active in a month aren't included.

It's an issue because nobody has said officially when the snapshot was taken. We can all jump up and down and say "day of merger announcement", which it may be, but until it's official and the SLI is done nobody can say. Not in 70 years has anybody on the property working been put behind somebody on furlough. It will all play out in about 2 years.

Yeah, let's hire furloughed United guys and pay them MORE than many current CAL pilots...LOL! Nice one, you gonna be here all night???

Its not that far-fetched. When the SLI is done, there will be ten year UAL pilots that are junior to the 3 year CAL pilots....but the UAL pilots will be getting paid more. I think its been done in the past where the MEC has negotiated to get the furloughed pilots credit for time served on the street. There will be a whole lot of United guys on the SLI that will bid behind the CAL pilots but be getting paid for more years of service.

Also, the Jets for Jobs LOA didn't even make the UAL pilots be on first year pay at the commuter. The difference in pay was paid by United under the agreement. The same could be negotiated with hiring at CAL.

I agree with pilot golfer and I am a cal pilot, give longevity for all furloughs for pay purposes. Delta NW did it for the NWA furloughs and it went a long way to smoothing that end of the seniority list. Dont you think the UAL guys deserve some kind of break, if they make a few more bucks then me till were all on year 12 I am not losing any sleep over it and we will have better unity. Plus they have some incentive to come back if they can have a good wage at hopefully a more stable company. Just one guys opinion take it for what its worth.

Lets start working together.

I agree with pilot golfer and I am a cal pilot, give longevity for all furloughs for pay purposes. Delta NW did it for the NWA furloughs and it went a long way to smoothing that end of the seniority list. Dont you think the UAL guys deserve some kind of break, if they make a few more bucks then me till were all on year 12 I am not losing any sleep over it and we will have better unity. Plus they have some incentive to come back if they can have a good wage at hopefully a more stable company. Just one guys opinion take it for what its worth.

Lets start working together.

Just so you know where I'm coming from...I'm 300 from the bottom of the UAL list. I will be around 300 from the bottom of the SLI. I only got 2 paychecks at the second year rate before getting furloughed. I would love to fly the 737NG out of EWR but I can't afford to do it at the first year CAL rate. I would consider doing it at the second year rate, though. I think when the SLI gets done and I get recalled 2-3 years from now, I'd love to think it would be at the 4-5th year rate.

The guys that really need to get the longevity are the 8-10 year United people who have been furloughed twice. I hope it gets negotiated for them to get their original hire date as their longevity (with full credit for the furlough time x2). Thats the only way these guys will be able to swallow what is going to happen to them in the integration. It shouldn't matter to the CAL guys what these people are making. The CAL people will be bidding ahead of them for the rest of their careers...they will get over it.

How have all of you guys decided that the UAL furloughed pilots will be stapled to the bottom of the list? Longevity and date of hire is now taken into account with a SLI. Tell me how a 11 year pilot with 7 years on the property at UAL is going to be junior to a 3 year pilot at CAL?

All of this is going to go to arbitration or be decided in the courts. I'm sure that the UAL lawyers will make a good case that all 1400 UAL pilots were furloughed and an entire fleet was parked to make sure this "merger" would get passed the DOJ.

I don't pretend to know the outcome of the SLI but I'm pretty sure that all 1400 UAL pilots won't be on the bottom of the list.

Stillflyn

Its not that far-fetched. When the SLI is done, there will be ten year UAL pilots that are junior to the 3 year CAL pilots....but the UAL pilots will be getting paid more. I think its been done in the past where the MEC has negotiated to get the furloughed pilots credit for time served on the street. There will be a whole lot of United guys on the SLI that will bid behind the CAL pilots but be getting paid for more years of service.

Also, the Jets for Jobs LOA didn't even make the UAL pilots be on first year pay at the commuter. The difference in pay was paid by United under the agreement. The same could be negotiated with hiring at CAL.

I agree with everything you have said, it would stupid for CAL to hire off the street with 1400 UAL furloughs. Also absolutely CAL should be giving you Longevity in pay for any UAL guys/gals, especially after the actual legal merger is completed at the end of the year. And for the record I am a junior cal guy, that would not mind a furloughed UAL guy making "more", like you said, thats going to happen anyways.

How have all of you guys decided that the UAL furloughed pilots will be stapled to the bottom of the list? Longevity and date of hire is now taken into account with a SLI. Tell me how a 11 year pilot with 7 years on the property at UAL is going to be junior to a 3 year pilot at CAL?

All of this is going to go to arbitration or be decided in the courts. I'm sure that the UAL lawyers will make a good case that all 1400 UAL pilots were furloughed and an entire fleet was parked to make sure this "merger" would get passed the DOJ.

I don't pretend to know the outcome of the SLI but I'm pretty sure that all 1400 UAL pilots won't be on the bottom of the list.

Stillflyn

Where do we start with this one?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back