Continental interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
foreverfo said:
With that total time and PIC that's sickening for those of stuck at XJT....keep on bragging and rubbing it in to our faces here at XJT.

Honestly! XJT has NEVER been the best way to get to CAL. For 15 years there have been brief, fleeting moments where it worked for a minority of XJT pilots. Counting on being one of those lucky is a fantasy.

When I was 8 I played with a little 727 in full FedEx colors, manufactured by Fisher-Price. Strangely, walking into the MEM Chief Pilot's office with my plastic three-holer, claiming that I've been carrying FedEx freight for decades, didn't get me a job. Maybe the CAL culture is different, I don't know, try it...

Cardinal said:
Honestly! XJT has NEVER been the best way to get to CAL. For 15 years there have been brief, fleeting moments where it worked for a minority of XJT pilots. Counting on being one of those lucky is a fantasy.

When I was 8 I played with a little 727 in full FedEx colors, manufactured by Fisher-Price. Strangely, walking into the MEM Chief Pilot's office with my plastic three-holer, claiming that I've been carrying FedEx freight for decades, didn't get me a job. Maybe the CAL culture is different, I don't know, try it...

If I were the chief, I'd let you interview... I know of a guy that snuck into the Chief's office at AMR back 99 or so and gave the guy a painting. He got the job.

For those who have had recent interviews, how long between phone call and interview? Did they give you a choice of dates? It seems like some have been about 8 weeks between app and phone call.

By the way, BigBeerBelly, how did you find out you didn't get the job after one day? Did they tell you as you were walking toward the parking lot, or did they call you the next day?

They gave me a choice of as early as a week to as late as a month after my call. Give yourself some time to get and study the gouge.

Good Luck.

CLAMBAKE

foreverfo said:
With that total time and PIC that's sickening for those of stuck at XJT....keep on bragging and rubbing it in to our faces here at XJT.

Not to start the whole military vs civilian debate, but 1500 hours in the Hornet is a lot different from 1500 hours as an ERJ captain. He probably has 8-10 years of professional flight experience (almost all PIC jet). Furthermore, unless he's an engineering duty officer, he probably has significant combat experience.

I say thanks to JT34 for your service and good luck with your interview.

Cardinal said:
......When I was 8 I played with a little 727 in full FedEx colors, manufactured by Fisher-Price. Strangely, walking into the MEM Chief Pilot's office with my plastic three-holer, claiming that I've been carrying FedEx freight for decades, didn't get me a job. ........

YGBSM!! Please tell me you didn't really do that. Was he able to keep a straight face??

Not to start the whole military vs civilian debate, but 1500 hours in the Hornet is a lot different from 1500 hours as an ERJ captain. He probably has 8-10 years of professional flight experience (almost all PIC jet). Furthermore, unless he's an engineering duty officer, he probably has significant combat experience.
And that combat experience will come in handy in these days of such intense competition between the airlines or when dodging C172s on a busy Saturday while in the NYC class B! BREAK RIGHT JESTER!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

AdlerDriver said:
YGBSM!! Please tell me you didn't really do that. Was he able to keep a straight face??

No I didn't really do that :) Just trying to make a point regarding the endless CoEx whining.

Mr Hat said:
And that combat experience will come in handy in these days of such intense competition between the airlines or when dodging C172s on a busy Saturday while in the NYC class B! BREAK RIGHT JESTER!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

In his defense he didn't start a food fight. Having been on both sides of the fence...well let's just say that dodging 172 in the class B maybe hairy for some. And maybe for Hornet pilots flying in a formation, being in control of 2 jets and weapons, avoiding (I think you may call it dodging) enemy AAA/Sams, knowing what to do when you or your wingman gets shot down,weapon delivery parameters, how to defeat the enemy in an air to air engagement, knowing current CSAR, air refuleing at night in the weather with night vision goggles, talking to ground facs, supporting your bros and making a difference in the world....I think I'll take your advice and BREAK RIGHT. I think they now call it Cliche'?? I guess your right, maybe being able to have that task load during combat isn't going to say anything about a persons ability to dodge 172's in NY. Afterall what does being able to have SA on all of that have to do with flying 30 degrees of bank all the way to 200 feet agl on an ILS?

I'll take the Hornet Driver any day Jester.

Sorry couldn't resist!

Latest resources

Back