• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks Gents. Only 17 months till terminal leave....

turbodriver said:
And people are still flocking to CAL for interviews????

For what, so you can be the first to get furloughed?? You couldn't pay me to go there right now. They're not out of the woods yet.

Perhaps because everyone else is a lot deeper in "the woods" and CAL is the only legacy carrier hiring. If someone is looking for a job and only one is hiring....

With 3 more 777s, 5 more 757s, and 14 more 800s on the way, plus 900 or so retirements, they are hiring 54/month indefinitely. The junior captain on property is a Feb 98 hire.

Or, you could wait for one of the other legacy carriers to start hiring. Might be awhile.

Last edited:
for those bitching about the pay cut..do us all a favor...dont apply and stay where u r at.....as far as the company not making any money, they r the only airline filling there seats everday....just try to commute to the northeast its impossible

I just got hired and want to give my reasons for saying YES. CAL is a positive place to work that is going to hire 1000 guys in the next two years. After the first few years pay gets better, pretty good after 4-5 years. Great equipment. New contract in 2008. Continental is profitable. At least a legacy major is hiring. We're entering the upswing of the same economic cycle that happens every ten years. Hopefully guys will start getting called back at other majors soon. I'm going and will to enjoy it to the max. Good luck to all.

Last edited:
For those of you lucky enough to get the call for an interview, what was the waiting time from submitting your application to receiving the interview call? Thanks in advance!

ETOPS-7E7 said:
To be honest i'm not too happy about the salary they are offering (28k first year)and NO medical Ins. for six months. I do have a family.

I have to think twice before accepting the job offer. I am on 90k salary with great benefits and that going to be a huge cut for me.

If you're looking for sympathy on this, you're in the wrong place. If it's going to be such a burden, stick with what you have and let one of us bottom feeders have the slot.

CMRaviator said:
For those of you lucky enough to get the call for an interview, what was the waiting time from submitting your application to receiving the interview call? Thanks in advance!

8 weeks

I have been told that walking in your resume has been discouraged so does that mean that all internal recs are coming by way of referals from the app.

Turbodriver,

Do you have an app on file? If you do would you tell CAL to call back when things look better?

If your looking for a sure bet, drop out of aviation and get ready to say "Welcome to Walmart, would you like a cart or a basket?"

The airlines are about going to were it looks best at the time. Look at all the people who flocked to UAL, DAL and AA in the 90's, passing up SWA.

I'm glad I have a class date and think this will be a great place to work.

CLAMBAKE

anotherwannabe said:
If you're looking for sympathy on this, you're in the wrong place. If it's going to be such a burden, stick with what you have and let one of us bottom feeders have the slot.

And there you have it, the #1 reason why this industry stinks. Here's an idea, why don't you go flip some burgers and bottomfeed there. It's a sad day when you're so quick to step on somebody else who's concerned for what's important in life, family.

Latest resources

Back