Continental interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well guys,

I interviewed yesterday and I did not get the job. I am sure it was clear during the entire process that I really wanted the job, but in retrospect I wasn't prepared enough. I thought I was "helping them out" by taking an interview on four days notice, but I only hurt my chances. I should have delayed the interview date until later on... Time to buy some MD80 sim time... My opinnion is that CAL is a very, very formal interview. Much like what I would assume a military review board to be. I have my regrets, but I have a year to think about them and hopefully in a year I will get the job.

Very disappointed,

BBB

Bigbeerbelly said:
Well guys,

I interviewed yesterday and I did not get the job.

Sorry to hear it. You sound like you would have made a great addition to CAL. Remember, everything happens for a reason. :(

Bigbeerbelly said:
Well guys,

I interviewed yesterday and I did not get the job. I am sure it was clear during the entire process that I really wanted the job, but in retrospect I wasn't prepared enough. I thought I was "helping them out" by taking an interview on four days notice, but I only hurt my chances. I should have delayed the interview date until later on... Time to buy some MD80 sim time... My opinnion is that CAL is a very, very formal interview. Much like what I would assume a military review board to be. I have my regrets, but I have a year to think about them and hopefully in a year I will get the job.

Very disappointed,

BBB

Is this BBB from acalounge? any insight as to what you think happened.. i know 4-5 guys that are going in the next few weeks.... I really am sorry to hear it didn't work out... if you came from our flock I know you were top notch...

pat

Keep the faith. You never know what might come up because this didn't happen. I have a letter of rejection from a certain fractional provider framed on my wall in my office to remind me of just that.

I was really down when I got that letter and I threw it in a file on my desk. I found it two years later when times were better for me and worse for them. You just never know how things are going to turn out.

Thanks for the insight on your experience. I'll use it wisely if I ever get the call.

For those of you who were called in for an interview, did you have your sponsors' actually walk you resume into the CP's office, or did you simply list your rec's on your application? Thanks!

Just thought I would throw this out there for all of those wondering about how to get an interview at CAL. I got the call after having my app on line for 2 months with no recommendations. Just got the call out of the blue. Military guy with 1500 Jet PIC and nothing else special. I'm discovering this is a crazy business.

JT34 said:
Just thought I would throw this out there for all of those wondering about how to get an interview at CAL. I got the call after having my app on line for 2 months with no recommendations. Just got the call out of the blue. Military guy with 1500 Jet PIC and nothing else special. I'm discovering this is a crazy business.

YOU MAKE ME SICK!!! Just kidding. Congrats. Throw some of that karma my way.

JT34 said:

With that total time and PIC that's sickening for those of stuck at XJT....keep on bragging and rubbing it in to our faces here at XJT.

foreverfo said:
With that total time and PIC that's sickening for those of stuck at XJT....keep on bragging and rubbing it in to our faces here at XJT.

I don't think his intent was to rub it in anyone's face. It's another data point for those of us in the chase. Don't take is so personally.

Latest resources

Back