• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental hiring info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So CAL will be at the Air Inc. Seminar. I heard there are just tons of people at these things and you only get a few minutes, at most, to talk with the recruiters of the most popular airlines. It is still a very competitive enviroment so anything to get an edge? I am looking at the one in June as long as CAL will be there.

Did anyone attend the DFW seminar, if so, how was it? Also, are there any other seminars besides Air Inc, and WIA that will have CAL?

You can go to an OBAP seminar. It is in DTW this year.
Early August

(and no, you don't have to be a minority)

I have employee status, that should be a plus.

Last edited:
So Continental is going to hire 50 for June, I have Questions...
1. Does that mean that they would start in june or the interview dates will be in June?
2. When can we expect the first interview calls to go out?
3. Will the interviews be like before? i.e. person-to-person, then, if passed, a re-call for sim check? (Still MD-88?) Or will the sim check be dropped?
4. For those of you that have spent time in Quam, how is it? Cost of living? If one takes it and is locked in for 18 months, will Island Fever set in way before? How about bringing Wife and newborn?

Looking forward to all this new hiring.

CA1900 said:
Waaaah. I'm going on 6 years now without one.

:D

And then you always seem to get sent to the stations where the GPU or Airstart has been out of commision for a week or so.

Your darn right waaah!

6 years on the beech? Eeeeegads

This is the best aviation news I've heard in the post 911 world...

Hope things continue to pick up.....

Pilottodd2 said:
So Continental is going to hire 50 for June, I have Questions...
1. Does that mean that they would start in june or the interview dates will be in June?
2. When can we expect the first interview calls to go out?
3. Will the interviews be like before? i.e. person-to-person, then, if passed, a re-call for sim check? (Still MD-88?) Or will the sim check be dropped?
4. For those of you that have spent time in Quam, how is it? Cost of living? If one takes it and is locked in for 18 months, will Island Fever set in way before? How about bringing Wife and newborn?

Looking forward to all this new hiring.

1 -3 --- I couldn't tell you with any real accuracy to your specific questions. What I have heard is we will run classes continuosly for the near future. There are 544 vacancies through August of 2006. The first class of off the street hires started this week. They were guys (and gals) that had slots before 9/11 but had their class cancelled.

4 This was discussed to a degree in an earlier thread. Do a search for it as there was good info. However. a sumamry would be that it is very expensive. $1,100 cola for GUM (don't get excited you'll need every cent of it). The other stuff you're asking, no one else can make that choice for you. My advice would be to read as much as you can about the place and have a real heart to heart talk with the wife.

Last edited:
I think they were wrong about a bachelors degree being highly desireable. I think they meant if you've been a "Scab" it's highly desireable.

Latest resources

Back