Continental hiring info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Boeingman

The application process will open Monday, April 11th, after 3:00 PM pending the completion of our online application system. The application window will remain open indefinitely. There is no advantage to being the first to apply. The selection process will employ an automatic ranking system that will place an applicant in order for review based on criteria established by management.

The system will be entirely paperless including recommendations. An applicant can apply by going to Continental.com/company/career/ and selecting the "Pilot Positions" page. There they will find a link to the online application. The applicant will be able to submit the email addresses for persons providing a recommendation. The system will send an email to those people with a web-link to an online form for submittal of the recommendation. Your recommendation will aid the applicant in getting an interview.

Pilot Recruiting anticipates more than 15,000 applications will be filed with as many as 5,000 recommendations coming from Continental employees. Staffing does not exist to handle telephone calls or letters endorsing pilot applicants. No paper recommendations or resumes will be processed. You may communicate with Continental Pilot Recruiting via email at [email protected]. Telephone calls for recommendations will not be accepted.

The following are the minimum qualifications to apply:

1,500 hours fixed-wing total flight time

1,000 hours fixed-wing PIC time, or 500 PIC time and 500 SIC time in a turbojet

1,000 hours fixed-wing turbine time

1,000 hours fixed-wing multi-engine time (civilian or military) or 1,000 hours single-engine military fighter jet time

Must have successfully completed the ATP written exam

A current first class FAA medical

A Bachelor’s degree is highly desired

Please monitor and have your have your applicant monitor the above pilot hiring webpage for future announcements

Last edited:
never mind

There is also a letter of agreement with the union to offer preferential interviews to furloughed ATA pilots.

Good luck all

Boeingman said:
There is also a letter of agreement with the union to offer preferential interviews to furloughed ATA pilots.

Good luck all

How about pilots furloughed from NWA, DAL, AA/TWA, UAL ?

Hair-on-Fire said:
How about pilots furloughed from NWA, DAL, AA/TWA, UAL ?

I beleive it has something to do with the 757-300's going from ATA to CAL.

Correct. There is also a LOA about preferential interviews to pilots of "Express carriers". My assumption is those who are flying for carriers feeding CAL. The language is vague however.

Hope this helps.

Heard from two sources that it includes everyone in the Continental family - ExpressJet, CommutAir, Colgan, Gulfstream etc. One is from one of our (CommutAir) pilots whose dad is a CAL captain. Apparently he got paperwork either from management or CALALPA that expressly mention "Continental Connection" carriers. The second source is the CLE chief pilot (Steve) who said that it does cover everyone flying under the Continental Express or Continental Connection banner.

NEDude said:
Heard from two sources that it includes everyone in the Continental family - ExpressJet, CommutAir, Colgan, Gulfstream etc. One is from one of our (CommutAir) pilots whose dad is a CAL captain. Apparently he got paperwork either from management or CALALPA that expressly mention "Continental Connection" carriers. The second source is the CLE chief pilot (Steve) who said that it does cover everyone flying under the Continental Express or Continental Connection banner.

Actually, I just reread the letter from the contract. I misread it. It's intent was to notify the MEC chairman about the "process timing and substance" about interviews.

I'm not saying your letter doesn't exist, but as a line pilot, I can't find it.

Actually, I just reread the letter from the contract. I misread it. It's intent was to notify the MEC chairman about the "process timing and substance" about interviews.

I'm not saying your letter doesn't exist, but as a line pilot, I can't find it.

I don't know what paperwork he got, so I can't verify what it said or what the exact wording is. But this CAL guy is telling his son that we are included. But the other source was, as I said, the CLE chief pilot. Obviously you know what I am hoping for :D .

Latest resources

Back