• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Connie just picked up another -400

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had heard a tail was accidentally dropped on one of the 747's while they were trying a replacement and saw the one hulk sitting there without a tail from the bulkhead back, is that true? I bet Connie was quite irate after that one. I can't remember the number on it but it was kinda sad seeing it sit there on 3 mains:( If I wasn't so tired that day, I should have snapped some pics like I should have done over the years up there.

That was true. It was a 100 and when they disconnected the last bolt the crane that was holding the tail up failed. I was told they were close to the weight limit of the crane. There was a bad weld in the crane and it let go.

Boeing also annouced in '08 that from 2010 they would no longer offer support to 100's as they felt they were too old and high time / cycle aircraft.

Evergreen I believe are or have parked their -100's and flew one into McMinnville for the museum there.

That was true. It was a 100 and when they disconnected the last bolt the crane that was holding the tail up failed. I was told they were close to the weight limit of the crane. There was a bad weld in the crane and it let go.

Ouch...

All the Evergreen -100's are parked...N481EV was flown to the MMV Airport and N479EV is the tanker..

Evergreen I believe are or have parked their -100's and flew one into McMinnville for the museum there.[/QUOTE]

That's gotta give crews a real nice warm and fuzzy!

Good grief!

Lucky for us Boeing didn't sign off on the idea so no airplanes were retrofitted. When the bulkhead times out the plane is parked.

all EIA's 100 parked. we needed it to top our new water park. sposta get 744's before 2020! holding my breath and getting bluer

are any 100's flying anywhere ?

Latest resources

Back