• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Congress to Hold News Conference to Announce Air Safety Improvement 2:30EST

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HHHmmmm.... How do they plan to address the pilots currently flying that have less than 1500 hours? Can't really put that cat back in the bag.

HHHmmmm.... How do they plan to address the pilots currently flying that have less than 1500 hours? Can't really put that cat back in the bag.

Good question. I'm sure they will be grandfathered in, but the real question is, will they be required to obtain the ATP in any given time frame?

The bill says they will have 3 years from the date of enactment to get it.

Put them on a Leave of Absence until they meet the requirements. Screw grandfathering.

There is no grandfathering in the bill for anyone. Even pilots on currently employed will have to meet this requirement within 3 years of enactment.

There is no grandfathering in the bill for anyone. Even pilots on currently employed will have to meet this requirement within 3 years of enactment.

yea 1500hrs is 3 years wont be hard to to. Its only 42hr a month if you started from 0 hours

I guess it would have helped if I had read the bill. Not that the guys signing it will have read it...

This is promising...

I'd like to know exactly what shape the fatigue re-write will take. There will be huge pressure to make that part of the bill go away. Frankly, that part of the bill has the most promise to positively impact safety, IMHO.

Latest resources

Back