• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Congrat's The goose is cooked!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While I have to agree that you're a few years too late with this thread, I also have to agree.
As long as ALPO keeps putting crap contracts on the table for the pilots to vote on...because we all know "it's the best we can get right now!"....the industry will continue to get worse for you regional guys.
When will ALPO wake up and see that the regionals are doing more flying for their mainline carriers than their mainline does for themselves. Regional guys do 4-7 take off and landins a day, opposed to 2 MAYBE 3 that the mainline guys do.
There are more regional ALPA members than mainline, yet ALPO believes that regional pilots are 1/3 the price of a mainline guy.
Do yourselves a favor and vote ALPO off the property

While I have to agree that you're a few years too late with this thread, I also have to agree.
As long as ALPO keeps putting crap contracts on the table for the pilots to vote on...because we all know "it's the best we can get right now!"....the industry will continue to get worse for you regional guys.
When will ALPO wake up and see that the regionals are doing more flying for their mainline carriers than their mainline does for themselves. Regional guys do 4-7 take off and landins a day, opposed to 2 MAYBE 3 that the mainline guys do.
There are more regional ALPA members than mainline, yet ALPO believes that regional pilots are 1/3 the price of a mainline guy.
Do yourselves a favor and vote ALPO off the property

It's never too late if it is still apropriate. Regional pilots vote in whatever is laid in front of them. The exception being Comair.

They remind of the flight instructors that would walk into the flight school looking for a CFI job and they willing to work for free just to gain experience.

Now I know I'm steroetyping here, but I know too many regioanl pilots are not willing to vote no on a contract because they don't want to risk having their company go under or lose flying to another airline.

They will work for little of nothing just to get that experience. All they want is to gain experience fast so they can apply to a major airline as quickly as possible. Trouble is, by voting in crappy contracts, the regionals as well as the majors are destroying the career.

MGMT has it all figured out. You make 12k as a CFII so you will gladly make the jump to 18k at the regional.

It is time for tire irons, basball bats and 5 minute educations.
Nice :) Lot of educating to do though how about knocking it down to 4 minutes?

Lineflyer is exactly on the money here.

There are a few on these forums that understand this, and have some good ideas, but the days of a Comair group of pilots with the solidarity, experience and courage to do what needs to be done are long gone.

They will work for little of nothing just to get that experience. All they want is to gain experience fast so they can apply to a major airline as quickly as possible. Trouble is, by voting in crappy contracts, the regionals as well as the majors are destroying the career.

This is all because ALPA hasn't figured out how a real Union works.
You have guys flying the CRJ200 at airline ABC making $35/hr and then guys flying the same airplane at XYZ airlines for $15/hr.
By doing this, ALPO is helping the airlines whipsaw each other.....but who said that ALPO was really looking out for the commuter airlines best interest? FYI, I'm sick of hearing the term "Regional Airlines" ...That's nothing but a PC term for "Commuter Airline".

HEy my thoughts are that as long as the top guys at the majors are making a lot of money I am happy. Why is this guy complaining, the union is only doing what it has traditionally done! Kidding

It's never too late if it is still apropriate. Regional pilots vote in whatever is laid in front of them. The exception being Comair.

They remind of the flight instructors that would walk into the flight school looking for a CFI job and they willing to work for free just to gain experience.

Now I know I'm steroetyping here, but I know too many regioanl pilots are not willing to vote no on a contract because they don't want to risk having their company go under or lose flying to another airline.

The bold statement is flat out wrong. There are no exceptions. I remember about 4 years ago when the Comair pilots voluntarily voted for a pay freeze to get airplanes that they never saw. The pay freeze stood though.

EFCA dead issue

MGMT has it all figured out. You make 12k as a CFII so you will gladly make the jump to 18k at the regional.

It is time for tire irons, basball bats and 5 minute educations.
Can't do that now to enhance membership, EFCA is now a dead issue in congress.

good money

and you will flying that 737-800 for 95k a year!
whats wrong with $95K, it is in the upper 15% of all wage earners in the US, and something you don't even need a college degree to get the job.

Latest resources

Back