• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Congrats, and thank you to TM....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just hope that when it passes, management aren't sore losers, and instead view it as a win for both sides. It would certainly make negotiations go a lot smoother. The nice thing about the pilot group is that no one has the burn it down attitude (yet). We have been looking at our peers in the industry for quite a while now though, and bringing ideas to management that, while not cost neutral, were reasonable demands. They would listen, and never act. The pilot group became fed up with the company's silence, and here we are today. Their silence spoke volumes, and now our collective voice will speak volumes back!

I just hope that when it passes, management aren't sore losers, and instead view it as a win for both sides. It would certainly make negotiations go a lot smoother. The nice thing about the pilot group is that no one has the burn it down attitude (yet). We have been looking at our peers in the industry for quite a while now though, and bringing ideas to management that, while not cost neutral, were reasonable demands. They would listen, and never act. The pilot group became fed up with the company's silence, and here we are today. Their silence spoke volumes, and now our collective voice will speak volumes back!

And as long as your CEO isn't a union-busting, goofy looking, d-bag lawyer, you might actually have a shot at it. Jusssss sayn'

I just hope that when it passes, management aren't sore losers, and instead view it as a win for both sides. It would certainly make negotiations go a lot smoother.

Oh they will be, don't worry about that.
At Options, they were so full of themselves and convinced that they beat the union that they tried to say they were having a monthly birthday party in the office for everyone that had/has a birthday that month. The party was timed to start right after the vote ended.
They cancelled the party

Flops Pilot

I have got a lot of things I would rather use the $108/month than Union dues: however, it is well spent. I am a 15 year PIC and make $103,000/year. As of "right now", I have flown 748hrs this year.
With out the CBA of duty times, scheduling, no call in rest, maintenance resolution process, and being able to contact my Union Rep when things were beyond what I could do, physically, and beyond the CBA, this year would have been worse.
Granted, I'm glad that I flew so much, and made money for the company I fly for, BUT I have called fatigue 3 times this year. Without the protection of the CBA I would be a hurting Unit, me thinks. I am not a "dyed in the Union wool" guy, but without our CBA it would have been a year that I would not want to do again.
That's how this year was at FOLPs for me. If you FLEX guys think you'll get a better deal, drive on, and God Speed....but I think you might want to give this Union thing a look.
I think you all fly bout half as much as I have...and make 30-40% more....really, how long do you think that will pass, with your new/our leadership?

Congratulations guys.

One thing I'll add to what has already been said: There is no mythical "union" that can do the legwork here. IBT skims a little off the top and can help a bit when things are dire, but by and large, it's the local that does the legwork. You are the union, every one of you. Get involved and stay informed!

CA1900 was correct. Don't think of the union as some entity that you just voted in, and now you can sit back, relax and wait for something to happen. You are all "the union", and it is only as good as you make it. Welcome aboard, but get ready to roll up your sleeves and get involved!

Latest resources

Back