Congrats, and thank you to TM....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ghostrider64

It's clear the fractional industry is maturing. This is evident by us no longer allowing ourselves to go through our professional loves without work rules or representation.

It has come to my attention that Travel Management pilots have by an overwhelming majority, turned in their cards for a union vote. The tricky part is going to come now, as you'll see the kinder, gentler, management team. They'll being doing their best to persuade you to reject a union. But let's be clear, this is your opportunity to help turned around our profession. Selfishly we, NJASAP, need you to unionize to help protect our own jobs. Why you may ask? Because without being a union workforce, you aren't held to any standard if, and when we strike. Sadly, that day is coming I'm afraid.

So the next time you guys see us in the road, please introduce yourselves. If you bump into me, dinner will be on me, not only management can do this for you;)

I hope you guys take this to the next step. UNIONIZE and help all of us grow a little bit further....

Thank you...

Good luck TM guys and gals!

It's going to be a bumpy road, but it's worth it in the end.

Please understand, a union simply can't solve EVERY problem you may have with your company. And certainly unions bring a few problems with them. It's not a perfect solution.

Unfortunately, it's been said many times before, a company gets the union it deserves. If your management team won't even listen to reasonable requests, then your options are very limited.

Some say just quit. That's a solution (if you can find someplace decent to go). But the industry as a whole will continue its downhill slide and provide fewer and fewer "greener pastures" to settle into if everyone "just quits".

IMHO, a better solution is to fight to green up the pasture you're in. This solution takes a whole bunch of grit and intestinal fortitude, and a strong belief that your situation can be improved. You'll face headwinds. Headwinds from your coworkers who are scared, or just don't have the fight in them. From your company. From outsiders (there seems to be no shortage of pilots willing to tell you you're greedy, going to ruin a perfectly good company, it's better to just quit, the union will be worse than the company, etc......).

In the end though, it'll be what YOU make it to be! If you present a unified group, one standing tall together in solidarity, you'll achieve great things! It's not easy to tune out all the noise, such as what you might hear on here, and especially coming from your company, and focus on the task as hand. But the fact that you've overwhelmingly approved a union vote shows you're moving in the right direction!

While you'll hear it all about what a mistake you've made, let me be one of the first to say congratulations on DOING SOMETHING, other than just complaining about how bad things are, and trying for improvement and respect! There are many of us out here routing for you! More than you think!

It won't be easy, but few things worth it are. Congratulations!!

Exactly..A Union is not the answer to ALL the problems and Unions have there fair share of problems themselves..But it beats a greedy management walking all over employees making them live in fear and constantly degrading what little quality of life you may have left..GOOD LUCK

TMC Pilots have been working on the organizing process since the beginning of this year guys. Our card drive started on August 20, 2014, and met the IBT card threshold within two months, and then they were all off to the National Mediation Board for signature verification. The NMB verified the required showing of interest, and set an election which started today, December 1. The polls close on December 22 at 1400, and we'll have an answer shortly after.

TMC pilots feel free to introduce yourselves on the road. I've got the first round if we're able. Best of luck guys.

TM defines why you need representation. Vote YES!

I don't think they can have a drink on the road because of their rolling duty times so be careful. The next step is for the company to start taking hostages.

Exactly..A Union is not the answer to ALL the problems and Unions have there fair share of problems themselves..But it beats a greedy management walking all over employees making them live in fear and constantly degrading what little quality of life you may have left..GOOD LUCK

well put.

Latest resources

Back