• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass to Seperate from DAL MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If we get rid of the flow through then hopefully the next move would be to spin you off to RAH....see how you like those career prospects vs a number at DAL...it would be moronic to advocate ending the flow through.

As for spinning us off that has been talked about since May 2, 2007. The flow is only one sided at this point, so my opinion of the flow is negative.

Compass is not obligated to flying just for DAL we have the ability to bid contracts for other airlines.

Now maybe we can get some representation for our dues and get rid of the flow through all together!

do you really think that we're going to get this awesome representation by our own group? this isn't indy air! again, this isn't indy air! this just went from bad to worse, my .02. who's going to represent us? word is that we don't have enough money as our own MEC to give anyone days off to do alpa duties. you knew about the flow when you signed the line...

I don't think we are going to get some awesome representation by our own group, but I do know that this group cares more about what kind of contract we fly vs DALPA. The representation can't get any worse than what we have now with an MEC that only cares about DAL pilots. My dues are good for one thing with our current representation, helping to fund DALPA.

Last edited:
As for spinning us off that has been talked about since May 2, 2007. The flow is only one sided at this point, so my opinion of the flow is negative.

Compass is not obligated to flying just for DAL we have the ability to bid contracts for other airlines.

So let me get this straight- you are owned by DAL INC., and you think that another airline is going to hire you for flying a regional lift contract? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that like putting money directly into the hands of the competitor, for any other airline looking to do this???? Why not save the trouble and have United, USAirways, American, or any of the others just write Delta a check to expedite the bleeding- it would be easier that way and burn less fuel in the process...............

We had no contract when I came here, it was still being negotiated.

But the flow up/dn was negotiated much earlier and is the reason Compass exists in the first place. NWA LOAs 2006-10 and 2006-14 clearly outline the flow up and down and are dated July 31, 2006.

But the flow up/dn was negotiated much earlier and is the reason Compass exists in the first place. NWA LOAs 2006-10 and 2006-14 clearly outline the flow up and down and are dated July 31, 2006.

LOA 2006-10 might have been negotiated in 2006, but we had not seen anything in writing until July of 2007. Yes we were given a brief update on contract negotiations up to July of 2007 but we did not see details until it was signed and printed. As for your comment about the flow, Compass was not created based on flow it was created base on providing jobs to the NWA furloughed pilots.

So let me get this straight- you are owned by DAL INC., and you think that another airline is going to hire you for flying a regional lift contract? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that like putting money directly into the hands of the competitor, for any other airline looking to do this???? Why not save the trouble and have United, USAirways, American, or any of the others just write Delta a check to expedite the bleeding- it would be easier that way and burn less fuel in the process...............

Whats the difference between RAH, Mesa and Colgan etc....that fly for more than one airline.

So let me get this straight- you are owned by DAL INC., and you think that another airline is going to hire you for flying a regional lift contract? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that like putting money directly into the hands of the competitor, for any other airline looking to do this????

How is that really different from DAL giving all those millions to RAH, who then used said millions to prop us USAir? I agree with you that it's crazy, but my point is it's not the first time.

Latest resources

Back