• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

[email protected]

jet driver
Compass or Pinncale? . . .. or Colgan?

Got offers from Compass and Pinncale - which would you choose? I've got about 4000 hours, lots of Part 121 CRJ time but need PIC time. I'm going to a new airline because I want to upgrade sooner. What's the reality of the upgrade time at each? Pinnacle said I can upgrade within a few months - is that what's really happening or does it take a couple to get the time, a couple months go get the bid, a couple to get a class, etc. Does anyone know about the training at these guys? Appreciate any insight! Also got offer for Colgan CA but not to keen on that - unless y'all have great things to say.

Last edited:
Lets see...Pinnacle sucks and Compass is a big unknown. Maybe try Mesaba?

A Captain bid for a newhire at Pinnacle is a career death-sentence. There was an 80% failure rate on the type ride in a recent class, and the overall pass rate has been about 50%. Not to mention the fact that Pinnacle is just a sh&^hole overall. Avoid Pinnacle like the plague. I agree with DoinTime about trying for Mesaba if possible, but Compass is definitely a better bet than Pinnacle.

80% is insane - what's the story? Were those low time guys, is something wrong with the training dept, or are they just playing with you? How many SIM sessions do they give you? More training details appreciated. I wonder how the Compass training compares?

Right now with Pinnacle, even if you have enough time to make it to Captain, they still want you to get 100 hrs on the line as a F/O (inclusive of OE). Then you can upgrade to Capn.

I would go to Compass if you can get an upgrade in 6 months or less based on your time. The E170 is a far better airplane than the CRJ in every way from what I hear. Does anyone know what the upgrade time at Compass could be for a "high timer"?

I don't think they have hired anyone yet that does not meet the current upgrade minimums.

Pinnacle's newhire pilot class that started today (Nov 5th Monday) had TWO people in it!

That's right, TWO people!

HEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!

SIMPLY THE BEST I tell ya, simply the best!

How many were scheduled?

Latest resources

Back