• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass or Pinncale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do not listen to everything you hear on this site. Lots of people getting great expereince at Pinnacle and moving to the major airlines.
Pinnacle is a better bet than Mesaba. Jet PIC has more value than prop PIC. No major airline flies props. So jet pic is more desirable.

Pure ignorance. Nobody cares whether your PIC time came in a Saab or a Jet. As long as it was turbine 121, then they're happy. Pinnacle is a festering sore on the face of aviation. Everyone would be wise to avoid it.

Do not listen to everything you hear on this site. Lots of people getting great expereince at Pinnacle and moving to the major airlines.
Pinnacle is a better bet than Mesaba. Jet PIC has more value than prop PIC. No major airline flies props. So jet pic is more desirable.

That's just utter bullshhiite.

Mesaba or compass would be better hands down.

Unless you like getting F*&^#d with all the time and want to work in an environment where you are just biding your time until you step on a mine and pinnacle managment lines up to fire you. Not worth the potential pink on your record. Go some where better

Nobody cares whether your PIC time came in a Saab or a Jet.

I would have to disagree with you. While it MAY not matter, and for that matter SHOULD not; other things being equal between two candidates where one has jet and the other turbo-prop, the jet guy will probably win if they have to chose one or the other.

I will venture a guess that prop PIC with no 121 failures is a LOT more attractive than jet PIC with an oral failure, type ride failure, and 40+ hours of OE...keep in mind, there is over a 50% chance that that's what is in store for you if you come to Pinnacle.

I would have to disagree with you. While it MAY not matter, and for that matter SHOULD not; other things being equal between two candidates where one has jet and the other turbo-prop, the jet guy will probably win if they have to chose one or the other.

I know a bunch of guys from Colgan that would disagree with you on that one. Colgan has nothing but props, and they've had tons of Captains leaving for places like CAL, SWA, AAI, etc... Very few interviewers will place any emphasis on jets over props.

I know a bunch of guys from Colgan that would disagree with you on that one. Colgan has nothing but props, and they've had tons of Captains leaving for places like CAL, SWA, AAI, etc... Very few interviewers will place any emphasis on jets over props.

I didn't say it doesn't happen. I'm merely saying that a guy with jet/FMS might have an edge. Maybe not a big edge.....but it COULD make a difference. If I were King, believe me, I wouldn't care.

I didn't say it doesn't happen. I'm merely saying that a guy with jet/FMS might have an edge. Maybe not a big edge.....but it COULD make a difference. If I were King, believe me, I wouldn't care.

Yeah, there is always a small chance that it could make a difference. But trust me, that little bit of extra edge isn't worth putting up with Pinnacle's bullsh&^. Mesaba is far and away a better choice than Pinnacle.

Latest resources

Back