• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass or Pinncale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would go to Compass if you can get an upgrade in 6 months or less based on your time. The E170 is a far better airplane than the CRJ in every way from what I hear. Does anyone know what the upgrade time at Compass could be for a "high timer"?

I believe the prior post was correct in that they haven't hired any "lowtimers." If that is the case and everyone waits out for the flow up new FO's at Compass will not see the left seat for at least 2.5 years because they have already hired enough pilots to meet their total fleet need for captains.

How is the 170 better than the CRJ or any other modern jet for that matter? Does the cockpit air conditioning work better? Are the cockpit seats more comfortable? Those are about the only two factors I judge an airplane on. What else really matters?

or are they just playing with you?

EXACTLY! Definetly luck of the draw down there. Lot of egos in that training dept., like the "toyminator"......what a ********************n toolbag! He's pissed at the world since he continues to get turned down by Fed ex. Has NO business being in that position.

Pinnacle's newhire pilot class that started today (Nov 5th Monday) had TWO people in it!

That's right, TWO people!

HEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!

SIMPLY THE BEST I tell ya, simply the best!

That should tell people something. We hire people as low as 200 hours and they can still only get 2.

I believe they are still TRYING to get 30 a class are they not?

In assisting a recent upgrade bust, the number told to me was 85% bust rate. The overall bust rate was still above 50%.

Are there a few guys in the school house who have superiority complex issues? YES, and it has not changed much in the last 4-5 years either. It has always been a good 'ol boy club and I doubt it will ever change. Every airline has something similar, Pinnacle is no different other than the higher bust rates.

The company wanted 30 per class/100 per month for new hires. I don't think they ever hit that target, came close once or twice but the backside washout usually knocks that down a good 20% and at one point hit 50% of the new hires washing out.

When they are trying to upgrade low time pilots into the Captain seat I am glad they are tough. They will be flying with 200 hour pilots in the upper midwest in all kinds of weather. Personally, I felt it was comparable to the other 5 type ratings I have. If the pilots are ready and proficient they will have no trouble with the upgrade.

Do not listen to everything you hear on this site. Lots of people getting great expereince at Pinnacle and moving to the major airlines.
Pinnacle is a better bet than Mesaba. Jet PIC has more value than prop PIC. No major airline flies props. So jet pic is more desirable.

Latest resources

Back