Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass guys, what's up with the flowthrough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey SEVEN, you have been on here 100 times since my post and I know you read my post so where is your smartazz response?

At the MEM base meeting last night the Compass flow ups were confirmed. They will get the 20 per month and Mesaba will have 9. So, I don't think they have anything to worry about.

No interviews for compass guys (or Mesaba), they can hold them back 90 days but they still get seniority numbers just like they started class when they could have first flowed.

anybody else agree the compass pilots who get this are the luckiest bunch in a real long time? you guys want us to shine your shoes before the interview too..oh wait- no interview.

well, let us know if there's anything else we can do to make the transition to your mainline slot easier.

(Im not bitter or anything)

With 5600 posts, you are bound to get something right........sometime,

You do know their are more than one site on this internet thing,,,right?

Really? What are you a 3rd grader? Their? There? They're? Tricky s***.

eP.

anybody else agree the compass pilots who get this are the luckiest bunch in a real long time? you guys want us to shine your shoes before the interview too..oh wait- no interview.

well, let us know if there's anything else we can do to make the transition to your mainline slot easier.

Luck has nothing to do with it. The flow agreements have been a well known and documented entity since day one, not secret. It was a matter of weighing the risk of being flushed if NWA/Delta furloughed vs. the opportunity hopefully at hand. If you're bitter it's nobody's fault but yours, you could have applied and taken the risk too.

Public knowledge for years. Those pilots also had to live the last few years with hearing they were going to be furloughed every time they checked this site.

Read the post above this one -- Jiminmem is absolutely right.

Since Compass was created people have been saying nonstop that the pilots there would be furloughed any month now due to mainline flowbacks. So far in this recession mainline just barely scraped by without sending anyone to the street. I am impressed at that, really, because so many other companies were not able to do that. Heck, look at UPS now furloughing in the face of an economic upswing! Unbelievable.

So, in return for 'keeping the seats warm' we see the flowthrough agreement about to work in the upwards direction.

I do agree with you -- the upward movement at Compass during this downturn has been a very unique situation. Bad times, but the place was created right before that started and very very few of the fNWA guys on the street took the opportunity to come back to CPZ before going all the way back to mainline, so they ended up needing new hires and of course there were some fast upgrades and such.

There is one more thing. You say that the people at Compass are a lucky bunch. In some ways, yes -- I mentioned those above. But when you examine the resumes of most of the pilots at Compass you would realize that although they are fortunate for the upward movement, very very very many of them had no opportunity to continue flying at their former employers, to include:
Gemini
ATA
Aloha
DHL
Continental
United
US Airways
NetJets
Comair
Midwest
Skyway
ExpressJet

The list goes on. Lucky, yes in some ways. But many would have stayed put if they could have. Fortunately, they found Compass and it's worked out alright so far (albeit an enormous paycut and QOL cut for most).

Pardon my skepticism, but I'll believe it when I see it. The idea of scores of you guys skipping the interview and just pinning on your Delta wings is a little hard to accept...given the amazing vanity of the DAL pilot group and of the airline in general.

Something about regional airline pilots joining their ranks without being specifically, individually selected just doesn't sound realistic to me.

Great luck seeing that through...but I'll believe it when I see it and not a second before.

Latest resources

Back