Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass guys, what's up with the flowthrough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

Was in MSP and ran across a nice Compass CA. I asked him about the flowthrough situation at Compass and if he had heard anything. Apparently, Delta is "holding it back."??? What is this suppose to mean? Compass guys, can you chime in? My understanding was that this was a "solid" agreement that automatically entailed the first xx spots (20 spots?) of a new hire class to Compass pilots flowing through. Anything other than that is in violation of the agreement. The Compass CA did mention that this was going to make some pilots upset and that "since when have flowthroughs worked, right?" I agreed, wished him good luck, and made my way to my next flight.

Question is, what exactly is going on with the Compass flowthrough? If Delta really is hiring 300 pilots starting August/September, then Compass should already be in the process of getting CAs ready for their departure to Delta mainline. This would be evident by hiring more pilots at Compass to account for CAs flowthing through, FOs upgrading at Compass, and new hire FOs coming in. But so far, we haven't seen that.

Feel free to chime in. Methinks Delta is just trying to save their bottom line (dollar). Hiring a guy off the street will cost Delta just one training cycle (the newhire Delta FO). Compass is wholly owned. Flowing through a Compass CA will mean 3 training cycles: the flowthrough CA getting trained as Delta newhire FO, the Compass FO who upgrades to fulfill the vacating CA seat, and the newhire FO at Compass who fulfills the vacated FO seat. That's 3 cycles, and more expensive than just hiring a guy off the street.

Anyone?

My understanding is that compass can hold them back 90 days. However, they receive senority numbers based on the day they could have entered class.

Ok, but to confirm, after 90 days you MUST go through? And in another thread, someone mentioned flowthroughs still have to do interviews, like a Phase 1 or 2. Is that true? How can it be a flowthrough if you have to interview? That's not a flowthrough, that's just a preferential interview.

Ok, but to confirm, after 90 days you MUST go through? And in another thread, someone mentioned flowthroughs still have to do interviews, like a Phase 1 or 2. Is that true? How can it be a flowthrough if you have to interview? That's not a flowthrough, that's just a preferential interview.

My understanding is only 90 days. I have not heard of the interview thing. Nwa hand some flowups from mesaba during the last hiring process and I beleive no interviews for the flowups

This is going to be yet ANOTHER example of a failed "flowthrough" agreement....When will we ever learn?

As usual, it's appropriate to ignore Joe.

No interviews for compass guys (or Mesaba), they can hold them back 90 days but they still get seniority numbers just like they started class when they could have first flowed.

First new bodies won't be on property until August or so from what I am hearing.

This is going to be yet ANOTHER example of a failed "flowthrough" agreement....When will we ever learn?

Oh, if only you would have interviewed Joe. But instead you paid for your job at asa, only to be stuck there while your f/o's go on to bigger and better things. I know, I know, it's all ALPA's fault.
Maybe you should give some more money to Haber. I'm sure his Hampton house pool could use a new sliding board.:laugh:

As usual, it's appropriate to ignore Joe.

No interviews for compass guys (or Mesaba), they can hold them back 90 days but they still get seniority numbers just like they started class when they could have first flowed.

First new bodies won't be on property until August or so from what I am hearing.
When do we get to fly together in the Mad Dog? See ya on the other side.

Do a string search for NWA LOA 2006 10 and 12. All of the deets are in there.

They will get numbers on their hire dates at DAL but at the option as agreed to in the LOA's can be held in their current positions for up to 90 days for operational necessity. They will just arrive and start indoc three months later with three months under their belt.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back