• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass Flow Down Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
to say nothing of the few flowbacks still on Eagle property after the agreement expired on May 1st.

What? Shouldn't the flowbacks be forced to floughthrough to AA now that AA is recalling? Why should those flowback keep occupying Eagle Captain seats? Doesn't make sense. They got the seats at a harsh time when they flowed back. But now that AA is recalling, shouldn't all these flowbacks be forced to go back to AA?

The Delta pilots don't even want NWA pilots on their list.

Sad, but true. Delta pilots don't have much history of good will with their regional partners either. If you're putting your eggs in that basket you'd probably be better off buying lottery tickets.

What? Shouldn't the flowbacks be forced to floughthrough to AA now that AA is recalling? Why should those flowback keep occupying Eagle Captain seats? Doesn't make sense. They got the seats at a harsh time when they flowed back. But now that AA is recalling, shouldn't all these flowbacks be forced to go back to AA?

AA hasn't recalled everyone yet. The flowbacks are going back in seniority order.

500 hour pilots?? umm nope sorry we hired i think 6 guys with less than ATP mins which was not suppose to happen

1500 hours was supposed to be the minimums, but they couldn't fill the positions so they lowered the mins. I know of at least one pilot that was hired with just over 500 total hours. What was supposed to happen and what did happen are two different things. Face it. Compass is a regional flying 76-seat aircraft. Their pilots make regional wages while their aircraft are taking the place of NWA DC-9's and Airbuses. Hopefully ALPA will stop this trend (LOL).

1500 hours was supposed to be the minimums, but they couldn't fill the positions so they lowered the mins. I know of at least one pilot that was hired with just over 500 total hours. What was supposed to happen and what did happen are two different things. Face it. Compass is a regional flying 76-seat aircraft. Their pilots make regional wages while their aircraft are taking the place of NWA DC-9's and Airbuses. Hopefully ALPA will stop this trend (LOL).

The lowest time pilot we have hired had 900TT. There were 8 total people that were hired without ATP mins, and the union has since stepped in because this is in direct violation of our CBA. I can't disagree with the rest of your post, but we have not hired anyone with 500 hours.

Hockey is in his name---makes sense now. I think the FBO he works at has no students. A bored CFI is dangerous. Some get their ground instructor ratings, some find flightinfo.

Latest resources

Back