• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At your MEC table and the national table, not our MEC table. Three different tables. And no Joe I don't want to start that discussion. It is what it is.

Don't worry...that discussion will be had in court....

Can any DAL guys confirm this? Seems like bad politics to me for an MEC to vote down a resolution that was passed by 3 out of 4 Local Councils.

Heyas PCL,

There were NO single list/staple resolutions presented at the MEC, nor were there any presented at the LEC level.

What WAS passed at the 3 LECs and at the MEC was to keep the representational structure at Compass as it is, which is a significant step.

Nu

Thanks. Where I come from, we like our risk to be commensurate with the benefits, not outweigh them hundreds to one.

The benefits far outweigh the risk. All you have to do is ask any Delta pilot who is former regional. Flew with one today. Left his regional after 10 years. Says that it was way better here than there.

Haven't heard one yet say that they regret it, even in the face of potential furlough.

You must have some RJDC in you.

Heyas PCL,

There were NO single list/staple resolutions presented at the MEC, nor were there any presented at the LEC level.

What WAS passed at the 3 LECs and at the MEC was to keep the representational structure at Compass as it is, which is a significant step.

Nu

Ah, ok. That sounds more like it. I'm glad they did the right thing and decided to keep the structure intact.

The benefits far outweigh the risk. All you have to do is ask any Delta pilot who is former regional. Flew with one today. Left his regional after 10 years. Says that it was way better here than there.

Haven't heard one yet say that they regret it, even in the face of potential furlough.

I agree 100%

I think you may be missing my point, I'm not suggesting mainline isn't "better" than regional. My concern lies elsewhere, namely: if the only way a regional pilot can have shot at a flowup is if he agrees to give up his seat to a flowdown at 100%, then, given that the odds of mainline furloughing is generally greater than hiring (at least for the next few years), the downside is far greater than the upside. Now, if the mainline MEC were to say that any openings at mainline will go to the regional guys at 100% (and no, I don't necessarily mean Comair, could be Mesaba, Pinnacle, you name it), then you might say that the risk/benefit ratio is somewhat more favorable, but that's not what they're saying and even if they were, I'm not sure I'd believe them.

As it is (at least this is how I perceive it), the mainliners demand certainty on the flowdown side, while offering either a remote "maybe" or nothing at all on the flowup side. And yes, I'm perfectly aware that the flowup (even if there were one) won't benefit me for some time, but a flowdown could put me on the street tomorrow. I just don't want my (or any other regional's) MEC to get duped (again).

I think you may be missing my point, I'm not suggesting mainline isn't "better" than regional. My concern lies elsewhere, namely: if the only way a regional pilot can have shot at a flowup is if he agrees to give up his seat to a flowdown at 100%, then, given that the odds of mainline furloughing is generally greater than hiring (at least for the next few years), the downside is far greater than the upside. Now, if the mainline MEC were to say that any openings at mainline will go to the regional guys at 100% (and no, I don't necessarily mean Comair, could be Mesaba, Pinnacle, you name it), then you might say that the risk/benefit ratio is somewhat more favorable, but that's not what they're saying and even if they were, I'm not sure I'd believe them.

As it is (at least this is how I perceive it), the mainliners demand certainty on the flowdown side, while offering either a remote "maybe" or nothing at all on the flowup side. And yes, I'm perfectly aware that the flowup (even if there were one) won't benefit me for some time, but a flowdown could put me on the street tomorrow. I just don't want my (or any other regional's) MEC to get duped (again).

No problem. Keep what you have. My guess is that a deal will be had by some of our affiliates, or perhaps only Compass. Look for the growth at that/those affiliates, and the other operations to shrink. It's not a "duping" thing. You are flying block hours which are under the control of the Delta MEC and Delta. If job security starts to become a concern, those hours will find a way to have a Delta butt sitting on them. Those who cooperate with the Delta MEC will be given priority to share in those hours. Those who do not, well, we've seen what happens to them in good times and bad--haven't we?

Latest resources

Back