• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your assertion about 10+yrs = losers is just not correct.
I agree, but, if they were there for 10 years, it is because they wanted to be there and did not want to jump off one gravy train to be a new hire somewhere else.

No matter how you shake it, the jump to the major costs some serious money and lifestyle disruption. It is a price most of the guys at the majors have had to pay, so there is not a lot of sympathy for the guy who brags that he makes $125K plus a year and demands a job without jumping through the same hoops everyone else had to do.

I'm not arguing against the lifer's logic. The mainline pilot is not automatically a rish man starting in their second year like it once was. It would have taken me ~ more than a decade to break even at the old NWA, so I never applied there.

Not trying to hi-jack this thread but I see bigger issues here with the DALPA. I think the first priority is to recall all the NWA furloughs. We still have three great NWA furloughs that were suppose to be recalled last spring and then in the fall of 08. My understanding of the situation is that nobody is giving them any answers to when they will join DA.

Anyone who is still out on furlough is because they bypassed recall and took deferral for up to 4 years.

If NWA/DAL is hiring or needs bodies, they can choose to pull their deferral and come back. If there is no hiring and they want to come back they are SOL until their deferral is period is up.

I'm guessing these individuals want their DAL number now, and have to wait out their deferral. They were all advised this was a possibility when taking a deferral.

Not trying to hi-jack this thread but I see bigger issues here with the DALPA. I think the first priority is to recall all the NWA furloughs. We still have three great NWA furloughs that were suppose to be recalled last spring and then in the fall of 08. My understanding of the situation is that nobody is giving them any answers to when they will join DA.

Are you talking about NWA guys who are flying with Compass? I believe there was some kind of min stay required then would be brought back to mainline.

Schwanker

Thats because XJ has a flow through program. If we hired guys ouside the flow then you'd have guys leapfrogging ohers who were at the top of XJ wanting to flow.

I'm pretty certain you don't know what you're talking about. What you are saying is that NW MEC told mgmt to NOT interview XJ pilots to keep a leapfrog from happening? Meanwhile, its fine to hire 3,000hr wonder-pilots like you?

I'm calling BS on that one. If you want to join in with false info, maybe you should have some facts to attempt to back it up.

Have another beer Super, and then maybe STFU. I can respect opinions I don't like, but they have to be intelligent first.

I'm pretty certain you don't know what you're talking about. What you are saying is that NW MEC told mgmt to NOT interview XJ pilots to keep a leapfrog from happening? Meanwhile, its fine to hire 3,000hr wonder-pilots like you?

I'm calling BS on that one. If you want to join in with false info, maybe you should have some facts to attempt to back it up.

Have another beer Super, and then maybe STFU. I can respect opinions I don't like, but they have to be intelligent first.
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

I agree, but, if they were there for 10 years, it is because they wanted to be there and did not want to jump off one gravy train to be a new hire somewhere else.

No matter how you shake it, the jump to the major costs some serious money and lifestyle disruption. It is a price most of the guys at the majors have had to pay, so there is not a lot of sympathy for the guy who brags that he makes $125K plus a year and demands a job without jumping through the same hoops everyone else had to do.

I'm not arguing against the lifer's logic. The mainline pilot is not automatically a rish man starting in their second year like it once was. It would have taken me ~ more than a decade to break even at the old NWA, so I never applied there.

You are correct. Lots of 10+yr people decided not to apply to some of the "other" airlines. Some of them included moves that many would consider to be undercutting the rest of the industry. Some certainly did it because they didn't want to commute across 2 or 3 time zones.

The $125k part: well, the average 900 Captain was probably only making 75k last year before post-bankruptcy snapbacks started kicking in. And I didn't hear anyone saying they wanted to leapfrog 1st year pay at mainline either. So maybe I didn't understand your point.

It was NWA mgmts call... they didn't hire anyone from 9E or XJ.

I remember my friends at 9E not being able to get a call b/c they still worked there...

Mgmt hires pilots... not alpa.

Last edited:

It's true Profit. Not a single XJ pilot was invited to interview during the last round of hiring. It was flow or nothing for the XJ NWA wanna-bees

It was NWA mgmts call... they didn't hire anyone from 9E or XJ.

I remember my friends at 9E not being able to get a call b/c they still worked there...

Mgmt hires pilots... not alpa.

Actually Profit and Pinchnickle(sorry couldn't help myself) are correct on NWA HR. I have first hand knowledge of that situation. In so many slick words I was told by NWA HR directly that they felt that they were would be pulling enough from XJ with the flow. They were not looking to increase above that.

Latest resources

Back