Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyBoeingJets

YES, that's NICE
AA bud of mine says he sits 19 days of reserve. At the guarantee he says it averages out to 3.75 hrs of pay per day if he doesn't fly.

How does this compare to reserves elsewhere.

SWA has 15 days of reserve at 6 trips (about 5 hrs) per day at guarantee. BUT, SWA reserves fly a bunch and is not a way to get tons of time off.

Since those interviewing for new jobs may be on reserve for awhile this topic is something to consider before you take a job offer.

Here at HP it hasen't been too bad being on reserve, heck I'm actually starting to like it if it keeps up like this (probably wont) anyway don't know about anybody else here but for me this year I've been flying around 40hrs, paid for 77 and around 20 days off.

FX reserve

fedex does 15 days in a 4-wk month and 19 days in a 5-wk. that equates to an average of 16 days per regular month

FlyPig said:
fedex does 15 days in a 4-wk month and 19 days in a 5-wk. that equates to an average of 16 days per regular month

What is rig? 6 hrs?

the rig is about 95% of the average BLG for that seat divided by the number of R days that month. Usually works out to something around 4.5 hours per day.

FJ

At AirTran, I've been flying an average of 18-19 days per month and making 90 hrs/month. Quite honestly I wouldn't mind working a little less and making a little less, but I'm definitely not complaining.

AFcitrus said:
At AirTran, I've been flying an average of 18-19 days per month and making 90 hrs/month. Quite honestly I wouldn't mind working a little less and making a little less, but I'm definitely not complaining.

Is this while being on reserve?

Airtran reserve pilots average anywhere between 11-16 days off a month and anywhere from 70 (although rare cus they fly you a lot) to 100+ hours of pay credit. Trip Rigs and Duty Rigs keep the schedule fairly in check and you get paid 4 hours minimum for a reserve day whether you fly or sit at home naked on a bean bag eatin cheetos.

As an FO at Airtran you will probably only sit reserve about 1-2 months.

AA reserve

73hr guarantee with 11 days off, max amount of flight time is capped at 85 hrs/month. These days just about everyone is flying between 78-85 hrs on reserve, and sometimes you get lucky and time out early (by the 28th or so)= a few extra days off at the end of the month.

Thanks for the good replies.

This is good stuff. In a few years, as we figure out our time to upgrade to Captain, this will become important...again. Days off a month and pay per day is, arguably, more important than hourly pay after upgrade. At least to me they are.

disclaimer: Past performance is no garuantee of future results. The pay rates, time off, and years to upgrade may change drastically....Exception: FedEx and UPS.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back