Comparing Reserve lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UPS Reserve

Can't speak for all the airframes and their workload...for the 757 domestic, on a 28 day schedule, it's 16 on, 12 off total, pretty close to 8-9 on, 6 off. You'll get another 2 days off somewhere in there for your 24/7 break, unless you are unlucky enough to have your break on a layover away from home. I usually get called once or twice in 7 days to go out for a day or two. One of those calls is usually to sit hot standby at the hub. Two months ago, I worked two days out of 28...ten hours total, and didn't fly. Sat hot both times; once for 8 hours, once for 2. This past month, I flew three times. It's a 75 hour line guarantee. I honestly don't know what the pay is if you end up working over the 75 hours; I haven't come close yet. I live in domicile and so far, love reserve.

reserve

oldxfr8dog said:
How long have you been at JB?
I was on rsv as an f/0 for 2 weeks. I have been on rsv as a Ca for over 2.5 years.
It sucks.
My last day on, a few days ago, ended at 2400. My first day on tomorrow starts at 0640. There's 2 extra nights in the crashpad, right there.
Crew sched is a crap shoot. I've even had management pilots tell me to call back to try to get a different scheduler, if I got a bad deal.
If you lived in your base, rsv would be cool. For commuters, there is very poor QOL.
The company is NOT great about releasing you on your last day. I know!
I have never heard of a rsv getting a delivery flight.

How did you get 17 "hard days" off? PTO is not a day off, you're using vacation or sick pay to get it and I don't count flying all night and released in the a.m. as a "day off". You are guaranteed 12 days off a month.
I recommend a little more perspective before advising prospective applicants how sweet things are here.

Disagree I have offered what my experiences are to this board.. I cant speak for you or anyone else for that matter. What i can say is that Scheduling has consistently released me on my last day of reserve 3 times this month. In addition I began a 6 day and was released on day 1. Two redeyes arriving before 8 am also got me home after commuting a half day early.. I was home 17 days this past month no pto no uto. Maybe they are better staffed with fo's?

Remember i am on your team

America West is 12 or 13 days off a month. Reserves typically fly 40-60 credit hours per month...the actual block can be much less in some cases. We can agressive assign ourselves to trips within certain parameters, which can be nice if something good comes up. Reserve guarantee is 77hrs/mo. I've broken it just once in 1.5 yrs and that was only due to 2 weeks of back to back vacation bumping the credit higher than usual.

A typical month is 8-10 days of flying and 5-7 nights in a hotel - reserves fly a lot of 2 and 3 day trips...not as many 4 days. If you live in base like I do it's a great lifestyle. My personal record is 18 days between callouts...I've seen other guys go up into the 20's. 5 or 6 days is more common between callouts, though.

2hr or 12 hr callout, no ready/hot reserve.

Latest resources

Back