Comparing Reserve lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jetblue reserve

75 hour guarantee with 5 hours paid at 150% pay. Anything over 70 is 150% but barely any reserve wil;l go over the 75.

Flew approx 65 hrs in May had 17 hard days off. Company is great about releasing you opn your last day if not needed. Actually ended up with closer to 18-19 days off because I was realeased after coming off a red eye at 6am twice. ( home by 11 am next day released etc )

They will use reserve guys for mx and new aircraft delivery flights from France and Brazil.

We can swap and charge our reserve schedules around to fit our needs. PTO kicks in at 120 days by that time you have about 30 hrs built up. Reserve daily credit is 4.12 hrs

Callout is 2 hrs.. Only thing on my wishlist would be a longer callout 6-8 hrs which would allow me to sit at home and come in when the call comes in.. That would be perfect

clickclickboom said:
Flew approx 65 hrs in May had 17 hard days off. Company is great about releasing you opn your last day if not needed. Actually ended up with closer to 18-19 days off because I was realeased after coming off a red eye at 6am twice. ( home by 11 am next day released etc )

They will use reserve guys for mx and new aircraft delivery flights from France and Brazil.

Callout is 2 hrs.. Only thing on my wishlist would be a longer callout 6-8 hrs which would allow me to sit at home and come in when the call comes in.. That would be perfect

While FO reserve is very short, CA reserve lengths are growing steadily (2 years?). I can attest from my 8-ish months exp (I know, it's relatively short) and from my buds who are over a year that the treatment is not nearly as friendly as Click portrays. Can you say red-headed stepchild?

We used to be able to bid on the Toulouse trips. That ended when guys like Billy W, Paul P, and other senior dudes 'retired'. BS if you ask me. I could be wrong, but I've NEVER heard of reserves being used for a/c deliveries (at least not on the -320).

Shameless whining to follow, scroll down and avoid if necessary...

At AA there is a clause in reserve proffering that absolutely chaps my butt beyond anything else... When I first started 737 international, I was pretty junior reserve. I picked international because I like the flying, and international guys tend to be senior to equivalent domestic guys.

Here's what happened, month after month. Let's say there are ZERO international trips in open time, but 8 domestics. If there are 7 domestic pilots, they are allowed to use an international guy to cover domestic. The problem was that they had to proffer all of the domestics to only domestic guys. What was left went to the international guy. Of the 8 trips, one was a guaranteed stinker, usually a 4-day with staggered all-nighters, something like that. As the junior international guy, I'd get the crap trip, while the domestic guys WHO WERE JUNIOR TO ME got to cherry pick the open time.

Once or twice, O.K. but this went on for months. I did about 90% bad domestic flying for half a year until they got the manning fixed. It got to where I dreaded "the call." If I wanted to fly domestic narrowbody, I'd have bid MD-80 and flown a great line.

There, I feel better now. :0

revserve jetblue

Maj said:
While FO reserve is very short, CA reserve lengths are growing steadily (2 years?). I can attest from my 8-ish months exp (I know, it's relatively short) and from my buds who are over a year that the treatment is not nearly as friendly as Click portrays. Can you say red-headed stepchild?

We used to be able to bid on the Toulouse trips. That ended when guys like Billy W, Paul P, and other senior dudes 'retired'. BS if you ask me. I could be wrong, but I've NEVER heard of reserves being used for a/c deliveries (at least not on the -320).

I can only attest to my experiences so far.. If maj has had a different experience that is too bad. Maybe he needs to contact a chief to discuss it. The 190 guys were alittle upset last month and had a sitdown and improvements happened overnight.

Given my current position I am more than happy to take a Capt reserve slot if others are unhappy with theirs..

Adding to what Click said,

3 groups of 6 days on RSV last month. Released on the 1st and last day of each group of RSV except 1 first day.

18 minus 5 releases = 13 days on

Paid 70 hours plus 5hrs @ 150% = 75ish pay

Actual flown = 12.3 hrs. (FLL-LGA and back, FLL-EWR and DH back)

Reserve sucks compared to a hard line anywhere, but it's been rather nice for me. Now next month I have to fly 92 hours in 14 days! I don't know how I'll adjust to that?

Disclaimer: I believe that there is many things that need to change in our RSV system. It's good when you only have to deal with the system for 3 months, but when we talk 2 years there are major QOL issues.

I present these numbers only to help the future JB pilots waiting for training or might just be finishing IOE. These numbers and times are for FLL, NYC would be dramatically different.

To all those pilots hanging in crashpads on RSV and waiting till the call-out window is up... UMMMM this ice-cold beer is GOOD. :) Only a few more HOURS for you guys.

Delta we get 11 or 12 days off depending on the days in the month. Since February I've flown at least 75 hours per month and have had maybe 5 total reserve days since Feb that I didn't fly (today being one of them but I'm also 2 hours shy of 30/7 and that's been the reason for most of those non-used days).

Here's the fun stat for the month.

On the MD88 in ATL, 161 trips were given to pilots on reserve while 162 trips were given out to pilots greenslipping (picking up for premium pay when there's no reserves available) or junior manning. But we're supposedly not short of pilots....

clickclickboom said:
I can only attest to my experiences so far.. If maj has had a different experience that is too bad. Maybe he needs to contact a chief to discuss it. The 190 guys were alittle upset last month and had a sitdown and improvements happened overnight.

Given my current position I am more than happy to take a Capt reserve slot if others are unhappy with theirs..

My reserve 'experience' ended over 2 years ago. I'm not going to waste my time talking with the CP's (not much has changed in my time despite MUCH input). There's a couple of dudes in the crashpad that relate the current picture and it doesn't seem too rosy.

If you live in FLL or LGB and bid reserve you could almost work another full-time job (some do). You're right SP, it is a MUCH different picture at JFK.

On a positive note CS seems to be using the early release more frequently now than in the past. They instituted that policy during the last month or so while I was on reserve and they were very reluctant to use it 'back then'.

clickclickboom said:
75 hour guarantee with 5 hours paid at 150% pay. Anything over 70 is 150% but barely any reserve wil;l go over the 75.

We can swap and charge our reserve schedules around to fit our needs. PTO kicks in at 120 days by that time you have about 30 hrs built up. Reserve daily credit is 4.12 hrs

How long have you been at JB?
I was on rsv as an f/0 for 2 weeks. I have been on rsv as a Ca for over 2.5 years.
It sucks.
My last day on, a few days ago, ended at 2400. My first day on tomorrow starts at 0640. There's 2 extra nights in the crashpad, right there.
Crew sched is a crap shoot. I've even had management pilots tell me to call back to try to get a different scheduler, if I got a bad deal.
If you lived in your base, rsv would be cool. For commuters, there is very poor QOL.
The company is NOT great about releasing you on your last day. I know!
I have never heard of a rsv getting a delivery flight.

How did you get 17 "hard days" off? PTO is not a day off, you're using vacation or sick pay to get it and I don't count flying all night and released in the a.m. as a "day off". You are guaranteed 12 days off a month.
I recommend a little more perspective before advising prospective applicants how sweet things are here.

My only month on reserve at AAI netted me 101 hrs for credit. I am guessing our reserve rules is one thing management will definately want to change next contract.

res

Sailpilot said:
Adding to what Click said,

3 groups of 6 days on RSV last month. Released on the 1st and last day of each group of RSV except 1 first day.

18 minus 5 releases = 13 days on

Paid 70 hours plus 5hrs @ 150% = 75ish pay

Actual flown = 12.3 hrs. (FLL-LGA and back, FLL-EWR and DH back)

Reserve sucks compared to a hard line anywhere, but it's been rather nice for me. Now next month I have to fly 92 hours in 14 days! I don't know how I'll adjust to that?

Disclaimer: I believe that there is many things that need to change in our RSV system. It's good when you only have to deal with the system for 3 months, but when we talk 2 years there are major QOL issues.

I present these numbers only to help the future JB pilots waiting for training or might just be finishing IOE. These numbers and times are for FLL, NYC would be dramatically different.

To all those pilots hanging in crashpads on RSV and waiting till the call-out window is up... UMMMM this ice-cold beer is GOOD. :) Only a few more HOURS for you guys.

I flew 65 hrs JFK base.. Reserve is shortest in JFK but unfortunately Howard Beach is no where as nice as south beach... Plus all the chicks in South Ozone have extra facial hair and who knows where else!!

Total Reserve should be about 3 months.. I know some new guys should expect 6 months

Latest resources

Back