Compare 135 Companies.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!
They don't do anything at home? EXCEPT WAIT FOR YOUR PHONE CALL..

So if YOU want time off you take it what about the rest of the pilots?

Pay is below standard by what comparision? Less than you. Sound like a real nice guy

Wow, bust a guy's balls just because he likes his job? That's real nice.....

Like I said, all of our trips are scheduled a week or two (or more) in advance. We have five full-timers and we work the trips out among ourselves. If a pop-up comes, we ask for volunteers. If nobody wants it, myself or the DO will take it. We both like to fly and if the other guys have stuff going on at home or just don't feel like going, they don't.

If the other guys want time off, they let us know what day and they take it off. It's really very simple. If ANYONE wants time off, they put in a leave slip and it's approved. If a trip comes up that day and nobody is available to take it, we TURN THE TRIP DOWN.

Pay is a little below NBAA, that's the only way I can gauge our payscales. As I said, our boss is aware of it and things will be changed in the next few months. We don't get too upset over it because the owner is aware of the problem and he will rectify it.

Any other questions?

SheGaveMeClap said:
Wow, bust a guy's balls just because he likes his job? That's real nice.....

Like I said, all of our trips are scheduled a week or two (or more) in advance. We have five full-timers and we work the trips out among ourselves. If a pop-up comes, we ask for volunteers. If nobody wants it, myself or the DO will take it. We both like to fly and if the other guys have stuff going on at home or just don't feel like going, they don't.

If the other guys want time off, they let us know what day and they take it off. It's really very simple. If ANYONE wants time off, they put in a leave slip and it's approved. If a trip comes up that day and nobody is available to take it, we TURN THE TRIP DOWN.

Pay is a little below NBAA, that's the only way I can gauge our payscales. As I said, our boss is aware of it and things will be changed in the next few months. We don't get too upset over it because the owner is aware of the problem and he will rectify it.

Any other questions?

The company i work for used to be just like that. Pretty much if you wanted some time off, they would give it to you. And the pay was ok, that was when i was an FO. Now that i am a captain and a couple years later then company has grown 250% and now we get scheduled 5 days off a month. And they can take them away, change them, or give them back at their will. Really i dont think it's a great deal. I think I am about ready to try something else. 121 or 91. I dont know. Chess pieces people....Chess pieces.

Enjoy~!

Stealthh

We are too small, and the local market won't allow us to grow bigger. We have quite a few local customers, but they usually ride on our King Airs. Nobody wants to pay money for the jet, so we fly with the brokers most of the time.

Besides, the owner of the company has another business that's his real bread and butter, so we are just a hobby for him. We will probably buy a bigger airplane and keep flying for the brokers. That's as glorious as it will get around here. That's fine with all of us, that way we don't get so busy we can enjoy our current quality of life.

QOL 135 operators ATL area,North Ga.

Can anyone name a reputable operator in the ATL area or North GA.??????

yeah, Flightworks is a 135 operator with 14 jets on cert. From g-iv's under contract with the CDC to rich guys flying in Hawker 800s, Citation vs. they just opened a base in Manassas. They fly out of Kennesaw, McKinnon, I believe.
go to www.flightworks.com

They were at the recent jobfair in ATL.

I would also try Epps. at PDK.

Check the yellow pages, make a list and check 'em all out.

I will say this. If you're not operating jets in the Atl area, you can't be a player in the game. rich guys like jets and operators flying mostly piston stuff are going to doing it on the cheap. rich guys really don't like turboprops. ( that's a generality, but it started a revolution in the regional market)

How do make these observations? I worked for a now bankrupt company out of Atlanta flying Jetstreams. they were 10 seaters with more space than a KA350. 6 foot cabin. the investors burned through 5 million in cash and shut it down.

lastly, try Phoenix air out of cartersville. they fly lear and G-1 do alot gov't stuff. been around a while.

QOL @135 operators

The odds are 1 in 4 or less that a pilot looking for a 135 flying positon will find a good operator to work for.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back