Compare 135 Companies.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
About M88 & partypilot1

With all I know about M88,this guy is definitely smokin' something wierd or his Kool-Aid is laced with just enough cyanide to eff up his brain.

Hey G-force, what the fuc do you have against me. Just because you got fired from here, and I didn't doesn't give you the right to discredit me in anyway. I can care less if you pick on m88 but you leave me out of it..

As much information that didnt come out of this. I am laughing at this moment because I agree....THEY ALL SUCK!!!! These office people (schedulers, brokers, etc) just move us around like a bunch of chess pieces. No respect whatsoever!! They don't think we have any idea about what it is like in 135, or what other companies do. I wonder if they think about the stuff when they are sitting at home on Thanksgiving with their family while we are flying so rich guy to TEB for the afternoon so he can spend time with his.

It doesn't matter how great a company is. The 135 industry is great for the single person with no ties and nothing to lose.

Anyway, if anyone else wants to offer there input! type away.

Fast Track to 135

My first full time 135 job was flying air ambulance in Lear 25/36. The starting pay was $36K per year. That was in 2000. That very same job is now paying $24K to start. And that's if you can get hired instead of some foreign scab who comes here and PAYS $25K in the guise of training and buys that SIC Lear seat.

Days off? You will find that most 135 operators are flying short handed (2 pilots to a plane); will wake you with a phone call during your rest period for some mundane task; you will fly aircraft that you have squawked the same item more than once and your 4 days off per month will be after the fact ("you know those four days you didn't fly last week? Those are you hard offs.).

If I had to do it all over again and work for less than standard pay, I would go the regional route, get benefits and passes and work a real schedule. After 5 years you can move up to Omni Air, Evergreen et al and fly big iron freight.

Just remember, it's not what you know but who you know. Get out there and network at the FBOs. Stay in touch with your flight instructors as they are a great source down the road for employment.

Good luck.

3 pilots per plane. Pilots on that plane make their own schedule. Most do 2 weeks on one week off. 2 weeks vacation, 3 weeks after 5 years. First officers start in the 50's Captians in the 70's, Lr 31s, 35s, and 60s. Maint is done asap. We use MEL's but the planes get fixed when they can be scheduled for it. Good benifits overall. Im happy where I am at. Will most likely move on eventaully but I don't want to leave the city I am living in so it will take longer to move on. When I do make the jump it will be a local fortune 100 Part 91 outfit. There are plenty in the local area.

I think the company I work for is by far one of the best 135 operators in the country. Especially when I hear some of the stories from some of you.

To Stealthh21

The reply post I made about a writing course was for "partypilot1" not you.That dude needs some help .No offense intended.
You posted a VERY GOOD thread about QOL at 135 operators,I don't think it exists but at a very FEW operators and certainly not at M88 Nashville.

Last edited:
I am new to Charter and found this thread to be very interesting

First of all, I requested 1 day off for Christamas, one day for Thanksgiving and New Years off. Expecting to get at least of of those days off I was denied for all three.

Is that normal to not get a single holiday off?

Also, our ops manual says each pilot gets 5 hards off per month (not more than two days in a row). In reality though, if our pilots do not fly on a given day, our CP/owner considers that one our days off for the month. Request for days are questioned extensively. Also, pilots are encouraged to help out in the office if they are not flying for an extended period of time.

From talking to numerous charter pilots, charter seems to suck until you make it to a company that respects their pilots.

Archer38416

It sounds like you are employed by a "bottomfeeder" . About 3 out of 4 Pt.135 operators are in this category.Its definitely time to start looking for another job.You might want to consider Pt.91 corporate operators.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back