Commutair.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jeff775621

I was just wondering if anyone on here works for them and wondering how they treat their employees. Im a low time pilot looking to apply to some regionals at the end of next months.

I heard it's a good company to work for. Word on the street is that they will bring some of their B1900's down here in LGB (Long Beach, CA) in the next couple of months to be a regional carrier here in the West Coast. It will be called "Smooth Air". Sounds like they're expanding. Based on the gouges, They're pretty picky when it comes to hiring theire pilots. They'll interview 30 but would only hire 2-4. Good Luck Jeff.

"Raytheon has consented to, among other things, an early return of the aircraft we lease from them. This process has already begun... This will require a re-alignment of crew base assignments and, depending on the attrition rate, may also require a reduction in flight crew staffing..."

-CommutAir Management

Good luck getting an interview. Other than that...it's a great company!!! I'm sure they'll be getting cabin class aircraft very soon.

-Dog

In theory

And just because they could be getting cabin class doesn't mean they need as many pilots as they have.

dogismycopilot said:
I'm sure they'll be getting cabin class aircraft very soon.

-Dog

Just curious, but what do you base that opinion on?

I left Commutair almost 4 years ago so don't take this as me doubting you, but cabin class aircraft have been rumored at Commutair for years and nothing has ever come of it. Has something more concrete come up?

go there, get your time, go somewhere better. that seems to be the formula most are using, have used (myself included)

Thanks for responding to my post. Ive been reading alot of peoples posts about the "regional pilot lifestyle" and im not sure what i want todo.

utahpilot said:
go there, get your time, go somewhere better. that seems to be the formula most are using, have used (myself included)

Ditto.

There are much worse places to be. I don't regret going there, despite the way I acted while I was there. :0

Last edited:
A feeble attempt at sarcasm. However, the reason for reducing the number of aircraft lies in a reduction of debt resulting in an improved credit rating equaling bigger airplanes soon. Sure. See you at the next ExpressJet interview.

According to many reliable sources CommutAir was looking very closely at cabin-class aircraft. They were coming soon, they said, when I interviewed there...about 3 years ago.

Latest resources

Back