Commutair.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And when I interviewed... 7 years ago.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it happens, but I wouldn't hold my breath. That carrot's been dangled a few too many times for my taste.

dogismycopilot said:
I'm sure they'll be getting cabin class aircraft very soon.
And I when I was there 10 years ago, Saabs were "just around the corner".

iaflyer

this place is worse than the nastiest hemroid you will ever have. I've been here for 4 and a half years now and it sucks. The owners and some, not all but some of the management sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will treat u like kids. They lie and steal. They stole all the money that was in our our our our retirement. No union work rules sucks, planes suck, no brake deice, pay sucks. 1980 pay scales. per diem sucks, list goes on and on. Why would you even think about going here? go fly jets!! Yeah real fun overnight in plattsburgh NY in the cold no Apu. Horrible. Everyone and I mean everyone hates it here!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets put it this way If you come here you will be stuck here

this place is worse than the nastiest hemroid you will ever have. I've been here for 4 and a half years now and it sucks. The owners and some, not all but some of the management sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will treat u like kids. They lie and steal. They stole all the money that was in our our our our retirement. No union work rules sucks, planes suck, no brake deice, pay sucks. 1980 pay scales. per diem sucks, list goes on and on. Why would you even think about going here? go fly jets!! Yeah real fun overnight in plattsburgh NY in the cold no Apu. Horrible. Everyone and I mean everyone hates it here!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets put it this way If you come here you will be stuck here

Hey Commutair

Not everyone hates it at Commutair....Its not that bad. If you hate management that bad you should just leave. The planes for a 1900D are in good shape. If all you can bitch about is no brake deice. I will agree with you that pay is not the best. The Plattsburgh overnight use to be alot of fun.....I had great overnights in the burgh. And to answere your question about why would someone come to Commutair is the same reason why you are still here.....No other job.....Make the best of what you got....from the looks of thing Southwest and airtran are not knocking down your door. Grow up and deal with.

P.S maybe the reason they treat you like a kid is because you sound like you act like one.

i loved commutair!! Let me tell you the parties we use to throw were off the hook! You remember that right my commutair boys. Those long nights in schenactady with the double keggers, good times. Up in the PLB, times were what you made of them, I lived in one of the dorms at university of plb. I didnt have very many boring weekends. And in alb, the rampers were kick ass and use to come to all the parties we threw. Dude-even the alb chief pilot came to one of the parties one weekend! As for the flying and pay...it sucks, but whatever it sucks everywhere so get some time there, party and bail. peace out -d + $

b1900guy, Get a life. What, do u plan on retiring at commutair? then where are you going to do work at, walmart? airtran and swa want jet time now. What do u know anyway?, you'll see when you get stuck here, then they close your base. You'll be just as pissed as me!!!! big arline pilot flying the beech getting laughed at. Hey when was the last time you jumpseated?Company can't even get that right. I jumpseat last week on Cal and they almost didn't even let me on. They didn't know who we were!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CommutAir is what you make of it. Great crews, good flying, well maintained aircraft.

Bases close and are downsized, happens at every airline. I am about to be displaced from my base, after moving my family here. And no, I am not happy about it - not in the least. I have been furloughed here as well. But I do not regret coming here, and do not regret any of the almost five years here. I have met a lot of very good people and had some good times.

When I interviewed here I was asked what my long-terrm plans were. I told them I would get some 121 experience, upgrade and get 1000-2000 hours PIC and hopefully in 4-5 years move on. They seemed agreeable to that plan, and I don't know many regional airlines that would be if you told them that in an interview.

Does CommutAir have issues? Sure. I bet if you asked the pilots at USAirways, United, Delta, Northwest, Comair and Air Wisconsin right now, they'd give you an earful about their issues as well. You don't have to be happy about what is happening, but if you think the issues will be solved by going to another airline, you are fooling yourself. Sooner or later the issues will crop up at your new airline.

So if you want to come to CommutAir, when we are hiring of course, I hope for the most part you will have the same positive experiences I have had - good 121 experience, fun flying and great crews.

As for larger major/national airlines wanting jet time, I can point you in the direction of 3 people at AirTran, 3 people at Continental, 1 at Southwest, 1 at UPS, 1 at Atlas, and 2 at Allegiant who have gone straight from a CommutAir Beech to those companies in the past year.

Latest resources

Back