• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CommutAir Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd probably be worried about the bases more than working conditions. That's a hazard right there, EWR with 21 dollars an hour.

The situation is this... you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. What are your long term flying career goals? If you want to someday move onto a better paying more advanced flying job, other than flying for the military, the regionals are your most likely option at this point.

It's best thing to do is to apply for the pilot job at Commutair or Air Wisconsin if you meet or exceed their qualifications. If they call you in for an interview, see what the deal is. If they offer you a job, you can either accept or reject it. Entry level airline pilots at the regional level need to begin somewhere.

One of the problems is that entry level pilots on this web site constantly complain about is the pay issue and not the experience they are getting flying. The regionals aren't forever.

The situation is this... you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. What are your long term flying career goals? If you want to someday move onto a better paying more advanced flying job, other than flying for the military, the regionals are your most likely option at this point.

It's best thing to do is to apply for the pilot job at Commutair or Air Wisconsin if you meet or exceed their qualifications. If they call you in for an interview, see what the deal is. If they offer you a job, you can either accept or reject it. Entry level airline pilots at the regional level need to begin somewhere.

One of the problems is that entry level pilots on this web site constantly complain about is the pay issue and not the experience they are getting flying. The regionals aren't forever.

Sorry but it might not be forever but you should plan on at least 10 years these days. Ask yourself can I make for 7 years as an fo and 3 years as captain before I move on?????

I don't think they're looking at "entry level pilots" right now. I would hope that not many would accept Commutair wages, but if I were sitting around with unemployment having run out I might be thinking otherwise too. In the meantime at 82 hours guarantee / $21 an hour unemployment DOES pay better than Commutair.

Some regional pilots who are unemployed might take their chances and try to get another regional pilot job, no matter what the pay is. Some pilots who are unemployed will find other flying jobs that hopefully pay more. Some pilots might leave the airline industy and look for a new career. I'm in a job with a crap company, crap pay, and no career or advancement potential. I also make the same basic LOW salary as a first officer working for a regional airline. Somehow, I get by and count my blessings that I have a job to go to eveyday. I am alwasy looking for better opportunity eventhough their not easy to find.

Are there any other flying jobs that pay a little better that can make use of the skills regional pilots have received? Keep your chin held high and hopefully things will work out for everyone!!

Latest resources

Back