• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CommutAir Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep in mind that smaller regional airlines don't necessarily like to hire more experienced pilots. People who have had years in this industry already tend to come in with expectations of pay, maintenance, QOL, etc. Not saying that Commutair treats its employees badly, as I have never worked there, but from a general standpoint companies like Commutair like having pilots who don't know better. A new hire coming from flight instructing or part 135 is more likely to be satisfied with the new job, and be more eager to get the job done the first time than a 10 year or 15 year "veteran" of the airlines. Less gets written up in out stations, there is less push for strong labor unions, less speaking up about pay issues, less grumbling over poor hotels, etc.

Not saying that prior 121 time won't be looked upon favorably, but it is easier to be "over qualified" for an entry level airline than you might think. New guys, you stand a fair chance of getting on.

I applied. I am not current. I did work there from 95 thru 00. It was a good place to work. The non-currency and recall rights are not going to help me. We shall see.

Some regional pilots who are unemployed might take their chances and try to get another regional pilot job, no matter what the pay is. Some pilots who are unemployed will find other flying jobs that hopefully pay more. Some pilots might leave the airline industy and look for a new career. I'm in a job with a crap company, crap pay, and no career or advancement potential. I also make the same basic LOW salary as a first officer working for a regional airline. Somehow, I get by and count my blessings that I have a job to go to eveyday. I am alwasy looking for better opportunity eventhough their not easy to find.

Are there any other flying jobs that pay a little better that can make use of the skills regional pilots have received? Keep your chin held high and hopefully things will work out for everyone!!

After you've put in a lot of time, money, effort and sacrifices to fly professionally, you won't hold the same sentiment. The job you have now most likely has a lot less responsibility and requires less training, so the pay may be more commensurate. Starting salary for regional pilots is too low. Way too low.

Latest resources

Back