Communism Gaining Ground?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Snakum said:
The theory of Creationism is based on the scripture of just one religion out of many religions.

But before you know it, the local Islamic and Jewish groups have lawyers filing suit over the minute differences in the interpretations of the origins class. They want their specific versions taught, as well.
I hate to pick on your apparent ignorance of Christianity and Judaism, but how exactly do you suppose the two's "interpretations" of creation differ? From what I can tell, the book of Genesis reads the same through either set of glasses.

I'll have to dust off my copy of the Khoran (if it even addresses the subject) but I think they might believe in the same God and the same creation.

I'm prepared to be enlightened.

TonyC said:

We all understand the definition of "theory," right?

It's obvious that you don't...

From dictionary.com:

theory n.
A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

I see the error in your thinking. You see, evolution is a theory because the Scientific Method has been applied to establish a logical conclusion based on known facts. Creationism is a simple belief because is is a common view that is shared by several people. No one has tested the belief of creationism and returned with any provable theory that holds anything more than mythological value.

wow, 2000 fawking 3 and some religious fanatics are still questioning the evolution

you should join your believing brethren in the middle east, do a crusade or something
your brothers in that part of the world seem to hold religious values highly as well, so I am sure you will find a lot in common or at the very least, die trying to prove that your god kicks more ass than theirs

:D :D :rolleyes:

skyking1976 said:
theory n.
A set of statements or principles devised ...

I see the error in your thinking.
:D :)

What you don't see is what's right before your eyes. It's a THEORY because it can't be proven, can't be repeated, can't be observed. The scientific method requires repeatable, observable, predictable results. GENERAL Evolution cannot provide any of those. WERE we able to repeat, observe, and predict the outcomes, it would become LAW - - FACT - - indisputable.

skyking1976 said:
You see, evolution is a theory because the Scientific Method has been applied to establish a logical conclusion based on known facts.
Again, it's a theory because it hasn't been - - can't be - - proven.

TonyC said:
:D :)

It's a THEORY because it can't be proven, can't be repeated, can't be observed. The scientific method requires repeatable, observable, predictable results.

Again, it's a theory because it hasn't been - - can't be - - proven.

You're making my point for me. And, yes, experiments have been contucted that suggest evolution. Do a search on ask.com and find out about evolution experiments. I'm sure that you will find enough evidence that the theory of evolution, general and specific alike, hold a good degree of scientific merit. Creationism, however...

I can observe similarites between early primates up through modern Homo Sapiens. Your example of dogs evolving into horses is illogical. Only through the understanding of the passage of time, verification by carbon dating and archeological/biological research are we able to develop the general evolution theory.

Tony, why is it so hard for you to accept the possibility that "big-E" Evolution is one of God's creations? Aren't we all told "He works in mysterious ways?" I'm not saying that it's true, but it does eliminate the need to ignore all the evidence that the Earth was not created in six days!

Once you stop taking the Bible literally, it all falls into place. It's a book of fables, folks, not a technical manual.

Typhoon1244 said:

Once you stop taking the Bible literally, it all falls into place. It's a book of fables, folks, not a technical manual.

YES, brothers and sisters! We have a believer! Praise Darwin...:D :D ;)

skyking1976 said:
You're making my point for me.
Perhaps there's confusion as to exactly WHAT point you're trying to make. To review, let's look again at where the conversation was when you interjected your first comment to me.

Snakum said:
Isn't it better to stick to accepted scientific fact and leave mythology out of it?

Originally posted by TonyC
That works for me. We can begin removing the THEORY of General evolution from textbooks immediately.

We all understand the definition of "theory," right?

Now. Snakum suggested we stick to fact. I said that works for me, and pointed out that General Evolution is not fact.

What was your point??

Typhoon1244 said:
Tony, why is it so hard for you to accept the possibility that "big-E" Evolution is one of God's creations? Aren't we all told "He works in mysterious ways?" I'm not saying that it's true, but it does eliminate the need to ignore all the evidence that the Earth was not created in six days!

Interesting questions, and a very popular way to try to accomodate 2 diametrically opposed concepts.

Why is it so hard to accept "Evolution" as God's way of creating? Simple. Genesis. Genesis 1:1. Genesis Chapter 1:1 through 2:2. God created the earth in 6 days.

Exodus 20:11 "For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbth day, and hallowed it."

If God did NOT create the earth in six days, we must throw out Genesis, and every book of the Bible that refers to it - - that'll leave us with only a few books -- might as well throw out the whole thing. In other words, if you deny the voracity of Genesis 1:1, you deny the voracity of the entire Bible.

Bible is a book of fables? Another interesting perspective, with a treacherous implication. The Bible claims to be the inspired word of God. Not fables, not myths, not "guidelines" and suggestions, but the INSPIRED WORD of GOD. Now, since the Bible CLAIMS to be inspired, we are left with but TWO alternatives.

1) We accept that the Bible is indeed the inspired word of God. OR

2) We admit that the Bible is a complete fraud.

Yes, if it claims to be inspired, but it is in fact not inspired, it can only be described as a fraud. There's really no middle ground. It cannot possibly be "just a good book" full of "nice stories" and "healthy principles." It's a fraud, or it's the word of God.

I believe the latter.

TonyC said:
Show me one example of any species creating another, and I'll change my mind.
This sentence--particularly the use of the word "creating"--proves that you've chosen to reject evolutionary theory without bothering to understand it.
We can begin removing the THEORY of General evolution from textbooks immediately.
Good idea. Let's tear out the heart of modern biology and replace it with magic and mysticism.

While we're at it, let's make our women wear veils and prohibit them from going to school.

If we work at it, maybe in a couple of decades some enlightened nation will come over and wipe out our oppressive regime so that our people can move into the future.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back