• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Communications

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We've got a combination of Captain Vegg and Big D. Email the day before (or earlier if known), and call to cell day before (also earlier if known).

Cell phone call is skipped if a reply is sent by email.

Smoke signals seem to work well on VFR days, if I don't show up you can see to smoke for miles. Very similar to the way the fuk-o-wies did it on F Troop (old school).

On IFR days he just straps a copy of the trip sheet to the back of a mental patient(office manager), gives him a road map and let's the chips fall where they may.

We use PFM software that allows me to go through a dedicated company fire wall. This allows me to check the schedule and work form home. The only problem is that it has to be a dedicated hard line, no wireless.

Communications? What communications?

TransMach

AA717driver said:
I'm to the point of volunteering to email AND phone everyone to make sure all parties get pertinent info.

...then you won't miss any meetings:rolleyes:

Last edited:
All our pilots have access to CTA, our scheduling system. They are encouraged to sign on every day, or if they are on the road or can't get on the computer, can call in to Ops via our 800 number and get briefed that way.

Ops will not call crew members unless a schedule change to occur within the next 24 - 36 hours (during weekdays) requires them to be notified. Bottom line, it's the PILOTS responsibility to get the information, not Ops. No excuses - you miss a trip, you can pack your bags!

Latest resources

Back