• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Timebuilder

Timebuilder,

Your rants......

There's got to be a Learjet flying job out there for you somewhere. Can somebody help this guy get off the board and fly for a living? Hello.......

CC

I can't imagine Timebuilder in an interview otherwise I'd help him out, sorry.

Timebuilder,

your rants...

...Are the result of 23 years as a liberal democrat and almost ten as a republican.

As a broadcaster, I helped promote the democrat agenda of a more socialized set of government policies that were aimed at the redistribution of wealth and attempted to make life more "fair".

Now, and for several years, I realize that the policies I had supported were not consistent with the ideals upon which this country was founded, the constitution, or our basic ideas about freedom.

Commom sense, the title of this thread, is all about America. As we lose the presence of common sense in our daily lives, we are submitting ourselves to tyranny. It's as simple as that.

Outside this thread, sometimes I see something that just begs to be answered. Perhaps in a small way, I can share something that may help someone to understand something about flying, America, God, or the politics and policies that have changed our business forever.

You know. The kinds of things that pilots talk about.

Even Barbeque. :)

Last edited:
Timebuilder said:
[my rants] are the result of 23 years as a liberal democrat and almost ten as a republican.
Neither of which did much for your sanity. :D

(Come into the middle, T.B. The water's fine...)

Since I don't think my views are in any way "extreme", in the frame of reference of the founder's vision and the constitution, I think the water is just fine right where I am.

But thanks for the idea. It makes me miss swimming in the warm water south of Orient Beach on St. Martin.

mmmmm.

Timebuilder said:
It makes me miss swimming in the warm water south of Orient Beach on St. Martin.
As long as you keep your shorts on... :eek:

Yeah, I thought that If I took off my shorts, the other pilot would do the same.

And I sure didn't want that to happen!! :D

All ideology aside -- the common sense vacuum surrounding the building and maintenance of airports is the one that gets me. Politicians and media types from across the board seem to be puzzled as to why delays at airports increase as traffic increases, while infrastructure stays the same or diminishes. There are articles in the newspaper, and diplays of political hand-wringing and local activism all about how there are "more planes" and "more noise" around certain airports (large and small alike), without a single mention of 1) The more the population increases, the more air traffic they'll be, or 2) More residential development that occurs around airports = more complaints for a given amount of traffic. I mean, is it me or should this stuff be considered general knowledge?
One of the best common sense-defying blurbs I ever saw came in an article in the Boston Globe (unashamedly anti-aviation paper, IMHO) about Shuttle America (then a brand-new Dash 8 airline) operating out of Hanscom Field -- the old AFB which now finds itself surrounded by the McMansions of the Clueless, apparently. They quoted a woman who was outside protesting with a group against Shuttle America for re-starting commercial service into Hanscom. According to some of the protesters, the introduction of a 4-flight-a-day schedule out of Hanscom was to set in motion a series of events that would make the Book of Revelations look like a Shel Silverstein poem. Anyway, this woman had moved to the area from Ohio a year or so after the airline had already started service. She was quoted in the paper as saying that "her realtor never told her about the airport nearby..." So she is protesting the airline? If people who can drop $750,000 on a house (and that's just for a double-wide in the area around Hanscom ;) )are displaying that kind of thought process in public, I think that political ideology is the least of our problems.
Oh and one other thing....Next time there's a proposal to build a new supermarket in your town because the old market just isn't big enough any more, go to a local hearing about it and propose the following: instead of building a new market, simply raise the food prices during "peak shopping times" to cut down on checkout lines and parking problems. I mean that's conventional wisdom, right? :eek:

Latest resources

Back