Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

staylow

Another Hasbeen-Neverwas
Announced today...Starting in June, Comair employees will be S3C on all DL mainline flights...S3 on Comair flights and share "equal" priority with DL mainline employees who will be S3 also on Comair flights. Comair will be S3C on all other DCI carriers. Comair will have 6 S2s to be used only on Comair, Mesaba and Compass. Dark days ahead for Comair.

Wow, that's actually worse benefits than ASA has (we're at least S3 on our own metal while Delta is S3C).

Sorry guys, it's going to make commuting/passriding very difficult unless you keep it on Comair flights. I'm seriously debating whether I want to pay the $200+ pass renewal fee for next year...

Yes, very interesting that on ASA and Skywest operated flights, the new policy specifically states that Mainline employees will board after ALL ASA/Skywest employees board. This differs from all other DCI carriers whether wholy-owned or contract carrier.

I wonder if as many people would have VOLUNTARIALY bid for the JFK base if they had known that they would be travelling at a "new and improved" lower boarding priority on Mainline flights?!?

Oh, well, could be worse, still only $50/yr and we can still ride in 1st if there is ever a seat...

:smash:

Announced today...Starting in June, Comair employees will be S3C on all DL mainline flights...S3 on Comair flights and share "equal" priority with DL mainline employees who will be S3 also on Comair flights. Comair will be S3C on all other DCI carriers. Comair will have 6 S2s to be used only on Comair, Mesaba and Compass. Dark days ahead for Comair.
Who cares either you get on or you don't. makes it easier for me to call in the commuter clause. While they're at they may want to give me a call within the the last few moments of my window or hello NQ, 89 1/2 days no fly, love ya Commy.

Some say that the EV/SW pass deals are still in negotiation.
We will see.

ASA's pass stuff came out today also. No changes due to our contract with Delta. They just raised the price of buddy passes but I think thats system wide? Welcome to the world of S3C's Comair! It sucks, sorry there doing that to you too

I'm actually fairly pleased with the new travel policies. I don't know why Skywest and ASA get better benefits than the other regionals. Hopefully, they can fix that in the future. I don't think Delta employees should be S3C on any flights that say Delta or Delta Connection on the side of the aircraft.

ASA's pass stuff came out today also. No changes due to our contract with Delta. They just raised the price of buddy passes but I think thats system wide? Welcome to the world of S3C's Comair! It sucks, sorry there doing that to you too

It will likely be changed as well in the future. i believe that ASA and skywest employees are protected by the initial agreement between Delta and skywest. If Delta must wait to change it until renewal, so be it. The change will come though.

I'm actually fairly pleased with the new travel policies. I don't know why Skywest and ASA get better benefits than the other regionals. Hopefully, they can fix that in the future. I don't think Delta employees should be S3C on any flights that say Delta or Delta Connection on the side of the aircraft.
ASA and SkyWest employees pay out the wazoo for the yearly PPR fees in comparison to the other carriers. Small price to pay, in my opinion.

Ok so I know all the DCI's are thinking it I'm just going to say it. Why does mainline think they have the right to go at the same priority on our aircraft while we have to go behind them on their's? And don't give me this "they own the seats crap". They outsource the work to the DCI carriers just like any other company in America outsources their work. Only in aviation would someone feel entitled to the outsourced companies "facilities" ahead of the employees that work for the company the work is outsourced to.

I used to work as a supervisor for a company that did a lot of out sourced work. We did work for some very big corporations. We had some great facilities for the business I was in. If the entire world were like mainline then any joe blow that worked for the company we were doing work for could just come right in and use or facilities. Even kick me out of my office if he was hired before me. But I couldn't do the same at their place. I mean his company was paying us to do the work after all right? WRONG! This is just not how it should work. Your airplanes, your pilots, your priority. If you outsourced the work then that's your problem mainline. (in more ways than just Non-reving might I add) Only in aviation. The sense of entitlement is insane.

Flame away! The fire suit is on.

Latest resources

Back