• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair's new travel benefits...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are not lucky that Delta lets us occupy passenger seats. That benefit is part of our compensation package. Without it, we would have to have higher wages in compensation. That's like me saying you are lucky that Delta tosses a few dollars your way to fly airplanes.

..and that package just changed. It won't be the last. Management at Delta has decided that the time is now for all stakeholders in the financial success of Delta are compensated according to their risk.

As for the jumpseat threats, just try it. That is a war you cannot win. It's not a pilot thing. As JC would say, the pilots at Delta do not decide non-rev benefits, Delta management does. We fully support them in that aspect.

We see plenty of you guys on our seats too. It can go both ways, and more of you want to go to Palm Beach than our guys going to Evansberg or wherever..... Be nice....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well...with the continued reduction in mainline domestic capacity, it may just be an RJ getting a DAL pilot to Palm Beach, Jacksonville, FLL, MIA, MCO, etc...

(ACL65PILOT) Once again, pilots do not set these rules, management does.

They also set the non-rev policies too... interesting. The self-entitlement/walking on water attitude needs adjustment by a large percentage of the DAL pilot group... it's getting old. By no means am I saying every pilot at DAL is like that, I've met a lot of good people, but DAL pilots (especially the ATL-based pilots) have a REALLY bad reputation throughout the industry.

Well...with the continued reduction in mainline domestic capacity, it may just be an RJ getting a DAL pilot to Palm Beach, Jacksonville, FLL, MIA, MCO, etc...

They also set the non-rev policies too... interesting. The self-entitlement/walking on water attitude needs adjustment by a large percentage of the DAL pilot group... it's getting old. By no means am I saying every pilot at DAL is like that, I've met a lot of good people, but DAL pilots (especially the ATL-based pilots) have a REALLY bad reputation throughout the industry.

So that is a max of 12k pilots. EVERY RJ pilot has a bad reputation throughout the industry. How many is that? In short, I say YAWN. Oh, and :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

It's what happens when you work for a company that does not do its own business. It's also going to get worse before it gets better.

Fights on, Fights on. Snap 185...I have a feeling things are going to get ugly. Good Luck to anyone trying to commute...

So that is a max of 12k pilots. EVERY RJ pilot has a bad reputation throughout the industry. How many is that? In short, I say YAWN. Oh, and :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

It's what happens when you work for a company that does not do its own business. It's also going to get worse before it gets better.

mm yeah, but RJ pilots are expected to be hair gel, iPod wearing, backpack carrying d-bs (even though I don't own an iPod, a single tube of gel or a backpack) but mainline pilots are expected to be professionals, stand-up community citizens always willing to lend a hand and be the hero in the funny hat. Wouldn't think numbers would matter as much as the pride you should take in the reputation of your pilot group.

THings ARE going to get worse, the process is well into full-steam ahead. I'm lucky in that I can at least commute on my own airline.

Once again, pilots do not set these rules, management does.

Hope that is your response if and when management gives away more flying or god forbid larger aircraft to DCI. Don't give me the scope argument either because DALPA already once loosened it. That is a cop out response.

We are employees of the company that sells the tickets and owns the seats. You aren't. You are lucky that Delta even lets you occupy passenger seats. You will not get any sympathy from us.
Get over yourself. the way you guys vote on contracts, Delta flying will all be outsorced. Don't tell me there is a movement to bring it back. That movement is on this board and not in the majority of Delta pilots. The junior guys are trying to bring it back knowing furlough soon if not.

We see plenty of you guys on our seats too. It can go both ways, and more of you want to go to Palm Beach than our guys going to Evansberg or wherever..... Be nice....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ah.... If you are going CVG to PBI, then you are going to have to stop by my office and say hello. That's all I do April & May.

SKYW actually negotiates every year with Delta on all non-rev flying issues. SKYW main priority in those negotiations is to keep our boarding priorities on our own aircraft. Delta counteracts by raising our fees. We take with a smile.

Same with United. United counteracts by charging us to fly 1st Class on our own aircraft but free to sit in coach. And that's fine with us, too.

This is how SKW/ASA has managed to keep thier boarding priorities over their mainline counterparts.

I still wake up every morning and say a little prayer of thanks that I am no longer under the tyranny of the Evil Empire.

Latest resources

Back