• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair's got a T.A.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Comair pilot group was shuffling to the gallows thanks to the clever manipulation of the Commerical Agreement by Delta management, the management-friendly environment of Bankruptcy Court, and the willingness of other judges to step in and carry management's water....and we're blaming the Comair pilots?

You missed one.

When ALPA shot down the PID with Delta/Comair/ASA, it telegraphed a signal to managements everwhere: you can stand up all the alter ego "regionals" you want and ALPA won't lift a finger to stop it. Since then, alter ego airlines have been popping up like mushrooms all over the country. Mid Atlantic, Republic, Freedom, GoJet and Compass have all come into being since the Delta pilots d.b.a ALPA made that decision. Three of these were actually facilitated by ALPA to put furloughed US Airways and Northwest pilots in the seats. This ultimately put downward pressure on everybody's contract including the legacy carriers.

Management will always be management but the union we pay to look out for us sold us out.

Last edited:
...as The Chawawa, Skyho, And Mesa Pilots All Hope We Say No So Their Mgt Won't Come Begging For Cuts Because Comair Is Cheaper Now.

You People See What You Started???
You All Had A Chance And Now The Very Pilot Group Who Sacrificed So Much Back In 2001 Is Being Forced To Swallow The Crap You Layed Down Before Us.
You Idiots Set The Market Rates Where They Are. Instead Of ....oh, Never Mind. It Is Like Talking To A Bunch Of ....idiots.

You missed one.

When ALPA shot down the PID with Delta/Comair/ASA, it telegraphed a signal to managements everwhere: you can stand up all the alter ego "regionals" you want and ALPA won't lift a finger to stop it. Since then, alter ego airlines have been popping up like mushrooms all over the country. Mid Atlantic, Republic, Freedom, GoJet and Compass have all come into being since the Delta pilots d.b.a ALPA made that decision. Three of these were actually facilitated by ALPA to put furloughed US Airways and Northwest pilots in the seats. This ultimately put downward pressure on everybody's contract including the legacy carriers.

Management will always be management but the union we pay to look out for us sold us out.
So absolutely truthful - excellent post!

You missed one.

There may be another perspective to this whole mess. How much pressure is ALPA National putting on the CMR MEC to go out on strike? This is only a theory, but it is feasible that ALPA wants a strike followed a permanent halt of flight operations at Comair. Why?

A large chunk of RJDC funding comes from the CMR pilot group. If this source of funding disappears, could the RJDC continue its litigation?

I suspect there wouldn't be many tears shed if Comair stopped flying. I hope it doesn't happen this way, but very little surprises me after 25+ years of airline employment, including two strikes and this bankruptcy.

Fly safe!

There may be another perspective to this whole mess. How much pressure is ALPA National putting on the CMR MEC to go out on strike? This is only a theory, but it is feasible that ALPA wants a strike followed a permanent halt of flight operations at Comair. Why?

Wow. Crazy conspiracy theory. ALPA National is putting no pressure on the CMR MEC. What they do is up to them. They, like all ALPA pilot groups, receive advice and legal council from ALPA, but all decisions are made by their MEC.

A large chunk of RJDC funding comes from the CMR pilot group. If this source of funding disappears, could the RJDC continue its litigation?

The Ford/Cooksey litigations will likely be thrown out by the judge before the end of the year. It won't take some crazy conspiracy to end these lawsuits. The clear language of the law will take care of that.

Netjets is hiring a bunch this year! Flexjet is hiring a bunch this year! Comair folks can pm me for the Flex hook up. It would be my pleasure to give you the low down, and I know you know someone at Netjets. It's practically the Comair pilot's flying club with all the folks who have bailed over to them! Good luck and get out of there!!!!:uzi:

Netjets is hiring a bunch this year! Flexjet is hiring a bunch this year! Comair folks can pm me for the Flex hook up. It would be my pleasure to give you the low down, and I know you know someone at Netjets. It's practically the Comair pilot's flying club with all the folks who have bailed over to them! Good luck and get out of there!!!!:uzi:
NetJets would certainly be an excellent option - it's a career position and they treat their employees extremely well.

Flex... not so much. It's a job, and not much else.

If you're a CMR F/O and you have decent time, there are lots of other regionals hiring with similar pay but MUCH quicker upgrade times.

The 121 Carriers like 121 pilots. If your aspiration is still with the airlines, you need to stay in the 121 environment. Good contacts MIGHT overcome this, but at many carriers Part 121 PIC is a requirement - 91 or 135 doesn't cut it.

Good luck!

p.s. That is one of the nastier RJDC conspiracy theories I've heard in a while.

While certainly true that ALPA created this mess (with the willing help of airline management), there's so little left of the RJDC suit that it will probably die eventually, even though ONE portion of it (inability to provide equal representation due to a conflict of interest) DID have merit.

They, like all ALPA pilot groups, receive advice and legal council from ALPA, but all decisions are made by their MEC.

If the advice and and council from National is directed so as to move those Mec's to nationals preferred outcome the decisions made by the local mecs are false at best and predetermined at worst.

Just ask the TWA mec how much valid advice and counsel it got from National and where Nationals advice put that pilot group in a fight with the APA.

When National pays the lawyers the Layers first duty is to National and their priorities.Thats the hard fact.

If the advice and and council from National is directed so as to move those Mec's to nationals preferred outcome the decisions made by the local mecs are false at best and predetermined at worst.

Yes. Since the MECs are not populated with attorneys themselves, they just automatically defer to the "experts" on the staff. That's one method ALPA uses to run the so called "autonomous" MECs that aren't in "the powers that be" circle.

You're catching on.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back