• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair's got a T.A.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No need to dangle anything in front of us. They have federal law backing them to force concessions. We WILL be taking concessions one way or another thanks to the bankruptcy judge.

no doubt. But I think its a grey area as to how long an imposed deal lasts once you exit BK. I mean, do you immediately start negotiating a new deal? I think the company can impose pay rates/work rules, etc, but they cannot impose a time frame for the contract. It's to CMRs advantage to negotiate a deal and have things locked down for the next 3-4 years. Otherwise, why would they ever negotiate? If there was no downside to imposing a contract, none of the BK carriers would have reached a negotiated deal.

no doubt. But I think its a grey area as to how long an imposed deal lasts once you exit BK. I mean, do you immediately start negotiating a new deal? I think the company can impose pay rates/work rules, etc, but they cannot impose a time frame for the contract. It's to CMRs advantage to negotiate a deal and have things locked down for the next 3-4 years. Otherwise, why would they ever negotiate? If there was no downside to imposing a contract, none of the BK carriers would have reached a negotiated deal.

Agreed...So why would our union even want to negotiate anything at this point? Why not prepare for day one after bankruptcy?

What happened to the bar all the comair folks where talking about? Go alpa?

Guys , I know it's easy for me to sit here at ASA where my job isn't being threatened (yet!) and armchair quarterback, but if this TA takes you to the bottom of the regional payscale, tell them to stuff it. Now that airlines are hurting for pilots, if you sign a crap contract, you won't be able to attract pilots and Comair will die anyway.

Unfortunately there will always be someone who will fly for less......

Until a pilot group actually strikes and defies a judge, we have no negotiating power and the airline knows that.

I've read some alot of retarded, mindless, stupid $hit on this board but this one has definately made it into my Top 5.

You've made 9 posts in a year, and this is the best you could come up with? You're not really paying attention, are you?

Oh, and next time you want to bitch about someone else's "retarded, mindless, stupid $hit" you might want to try not to sound so retarded, mindless and stupid yourself.

I just talked to a friend who interviewed. He said they told him Comair was getting -900s. In my opinion, it's disingenuous to tell new hires that, as that information is unknowable except for the executives who make those decisions at Delta, and I don't think they are sharing that information with Comair HR.

Salt Lake City Tribune said:
On Wednesday, a bankruptcy judge allowed Delta to buy 30 CRJ900 jets in a deal valued as much as $1.1 billion.
The Atlanta-based airline also took options on an additional 30 jets. If the options are exercised, the value of the deal could rise to $2.3 billion.
"The acquisition of these aircraft will help Delta meet its network and operational needs for 2007 and 2008, allowing us to continue providing convenient service to the places where customers most want to travel," said Shawn Anderson, Delta's vice president of Delta Connection.
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_5199142

At my interview in 2005 we were told we were getting E-170's. Airlines do this all the time. UBA757

Latest resources

Back