Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
miles otoole said:
La Genitalia,
Try to imagine if you were born 5 years later and happened to work for Comair in the late 90s. You would have been dreaming of working for Delta but due to 9/11, would have been kept at your CA position at a DL feeder. Please remember, the ONLY reason why you are at DAL is because of the 'roaring 90s' and the fact that Plato decided to appease more of the commuter pilots. If more military pilots were available to be hired, your screen name would be Surplus2.

Good changing of my name---that was really good---not. ASA never allowed direct entry Captains, but atleast they offered our guys jobs with no strings attached. After 9-11 a lot of people and planes were parked, and you guys at Comair actually grew (helping us lose more money).(Airtran and Jetblue used mainline planes on their routes---and grew) And, I didn't deserve to be hired at Delta in the roaring 90's? You have no clue what you are talking about. We have many non military guys--mostly Ex Westerns and some Pan Ams (now gone)---that made up a large chunk of the pilots---even in the early 90s. You knew that, right?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
RJ Bum said:
I do have an idea, and I agree with you about the initial offer. However that is no longer the case. Bottom line is if they want, need the job, it's there. Enough complaining why we don't have more on property. That is in their control NOW.

If our furloughed guys want to go to Comair, then they should. The reason a lot aren't there is because of the situation I have described.

Bye Bye--General Lee

By the way General, I heard this story from a Delta captain, that he was in the toilets of E terminal and overheard these two guys talking about how once apon a time your MEC and Worth said "blah blah blah....."

When are you going to grow up and stop making crazy accusations about what your (soon to be retired) captain told you in an alcohol enduced rant on some over night in BFE (one of your better overnights).

Bye, Bye- Lee. You wanker.

Seems to me that if the two sides would agree to a FLOW-THROUGH policy for w/o pilots, mainline guys could flow back. U.S. Air laughed in our face when we suggested that, but they still wanted their 2 year F-100 f/o's to displace 10 year regional captains at the w/o.

In my opinion, DAL Alpa really dropped the ball. If they worked with ASA and Comair to keep flying in house, no one would be on the street. No one at ASA nor Comair would be displaced. There are more than enough jobs that CHQ, Skywest, A Eagle and now Freedom are taking.

cmrflyer said:
By the way General, I heard this story from a Delta captain, that he was in the toilets of E terminal and overheard these two guys talking about how once apon a time your MEC and Worth said "blah blah blah....."

When are you going to grow up and stop making crazy accusations about what your (soon to be retired) captain told you in an alcohol enduced rant on some over night in BFE (one of your better overnights).

Bye, Bye- Lee. You wanker.

Were you in there cleaning the toilets? I thought that was you. Why don't you ask Lawson if he was paid 100 hours plus the Strike benefits while you guys got only the benefits? He didn't care---he was getting paid more than usual. And I could give you the Captain's name (he is 49, not old enough to take the lump sum) I talked to and you can see for yourself if he worked at the ALPA strike center in ATL. But hey, you don't care..... He said Lawson was a tool. That made me laugh. But, I already knew that. And, we stay in BFE? What? You guys fly to those cities. On the next bid I will get the 764--so Honolulu should be next for me. Come jump on us sometime----ALOHA.

Bye Bye--General Lee

RJ Bum said:
In my opinion, DAL Alpa really dropped the ball. If they worked with ASA and Comair to keep flying in house, no one would be on the street. No one at ASA nor Comair would be displaced. There are more than enough jobs that CHQ, Skywest, A Eagle and now Freedom are taking.

You could have gotten that, but Comair went for the pay after the strike. You really have no scope. We have scope and you guys were trying to break that (Lawson), and now you guys see the effects of not having it (CHQ, MESA). That is what is so funny here---you could have gotten scope but you did not, and now you really are paying for it. Sad but true.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
That is what is so funny here---you could have gotten scope but you did not, and now you really are paying for it. Sad but true.

Bye Bye--General Lee

In the past four years, Comair has grown tremendously. Delta mainline on the other hand has shrunken tremendously. Even worse, mainline is going to keep shrinking. Seems like your scope clause has failed pretty miserably.

OK Lee, explain how Comair can scope flying that you keep on telling us is yours. Maybe we should have scoped you, and then had Mesa come in to do some of your (well i guess it might be "our") flying. I can't beleive we where so stupid. Those crazy Comair guys.

Next time around we will try to scope you, American and North West. Well scope everybody.

It was amazing, while i was cleaning those toilets of yours, Corporal Lee, I found something out.

Your SH1T really doesn't stink.

And we all thought you were making that up.

Well dudes, our scope has stopped you from getting more 70 seaters (until now I guess) and kept many INTL codeshares to a minimum---we could have had one flight to Europe total and bought seats on all the other airlines I guess. We had approval of certain domestic codeshares (CAL/NW and Alaska), and kept 90 and 100 seaters out of your hands. I would say we got something out of our scope.

Medflyer,

Yes, you have grown tremendously----mainly in the 50 seat arena, which was allowed anyway. And, look at our stellar profits. Businessmen wanting our mainline service after 9-11 were met with mainly 50 seat RJs, and they went somewhere else. But, you have been full----of leisure travellers, paying the same fares as Airtran fares. All this growth from you guys and we have losses. The DFW base was mainly RJs, and it did worse than our mainline operation, with businessmen flocking to AA to avoid the long RJ flights. Oh yeah, it was our fault with our high paying contract..... You too man.

Cmrflyer,

You guys went for the money, and got most of it. But, you forgot about your own backyard. Now look at it. That was YOUR fault. Our scope helped us out for the most part----stopping you from getting too many 70 seaters and maybe bigger. You may get some more now, but you also might have the callsign "Air Shuttle." That might get interesting. You can go to bigger planes though--- I think they fly CR9s in PHX for AWA.

And as far as my shiznet, it really does stink. You are mad because I can retort any of your claims. Look, I know my views of the Comair debacle make you mad, but I am not against any one Comair pilot---I am just mad that our people were offered help with strings. The other airlines (ASA and CHQ) offered help, and Comair did with conditions. That will always be a sore spot for many.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back