• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the worst does happen, I really hope that pilots here get hired somewhere soon and the f/as. I wish Delta didn't have the policy that if you fail an interview you never get interviewed again. At least that's what I heard, don't know if it's true though..

There's a very interesting letter posted on the APC board regarding preferential hiring, etc. If you haven't seen it, it might shed alot of light on the bad feelings between Comair and Delta.

Last edited:
So do I.

If I do though, I'll walk away from this stupid industry...rather than go try to displace someone who chose smarter than me.
~Talk about manufactured antipathy. Just how many Comair pilots have "tried" to displace you or anyone else? I believe the fellow that postulated the notion of a seniority transfer works for ASA.

I know you didn't mean to sound this way, but you (and others) come across as though you are saying, "sorry about your luck - them's the breaks, a$$#oles"

~Talk about manufactured antipathy. Just how many Comair pilots have "tried" to displace you or anyone else? I believe the fellow that postulated the notion of a seniority transfer works for ASA.

I know you didn't mean to sound this way, but you (and others) come across as though you are saying, "sorry about your luck - them's the breaks, a$$#oles"

No, it's 'them's the breaks...sorry'. What do you want me to do, invite them to come live in my house and eat out of my refrigerator?

Sorry. You picked Comair for whatever reasons you did and it ended up like this.

It's a bummer...but what it ISN'T is a call for pilots from other ALPA carriers to pick up and carry your career to 'the next level'.

i wouldnt exactly say someone who chose ASA was smarter.... this business is all luck...

Yah, that's true. I didn't mean to come off like there was something special about pilots who went to work with carriers who seem to be enjoying some level of success now.

All of that success is short-lived and illusory.

It is all luck.

It's just that: just because the way you chose produced some set of results, doesn't mean that you're owed some other, more desirable, set of results.

Sorry.

Good luck.

It's aviation...the peaks and valleys are greater and lower than I understand they are in other professions. From what I've read/heard: get used to it.

The guy who postulated this idea works for the RJDC more than anyone else. This clown has been going around and around for the past decade trying to wreak all sorts of RJDC mischief. He even tried to hijack our unions for them, if I am not mistaken.

-Just let that miserable bad idea die Joe-please let it die, at long last.

And NO I will not willingly let anyone, from any other airline get DOH ahead of me. And nor should I. I was hired here, and I served this place. They shouldn't skip ahead of me just because Joe is a jackoff with delusions of grandeur.

While I don't agree with Joe (the original post), he has brought to light an issue that should be of importance of all ALPA members.

A system needs to be developed to break the ugly cycle of starting at the bottom. We (ALPA that is) need be able to transfer experience and not have to start over on everything - pay, seniority, vacation, schedules.

Last edited:
And NO I will not willingly let anyone, from any other airline get DOH ahead of me. And nor should I. I was hired here, and I served this place.

I agree. These are the rules we play by here. However, we should try to change the system for future 'Comairs', or else managements will continue to churn our groups to get lower average wages.

While I don't agree with Joe (the original post), he has brought to light an issue that should be of importance of all ALPA members.

A system needs to be developed to break the ugly cycle of starting at the bottom. We (ALPA that is) need be able to transfer experience and not have to start over on everything - pay, seniority, vacation, schedules.
I think most would agree with this. Those that are in well paying stable positions will see no reason to change the system.

Any bets on the next airline to get 'comaired'?

Last edited:
Sadly, I think this rumor has merit. We have seen this before with Pan Am and Delta. The Duke Spellacy lawsuit was a result of something similar to this.

CMR has had a target on it's back since the strike in 2001. Despite what the ALPA cheerleaders say, it wasn't really a success. 89 days after the strike started, the final agreement wasn't much more than the "last, best, final agreement" prior to the strike.

During the strike, ASA flew CMR airplanes. During the strike, ALPA carriers DAL, ACA, and ASA flew CMR passengers through different hubs.

After the strike, CMR flying has been parted out to other ALPA DCI carriers.

It is time for the ALPA chest thumpers and cheerleaders to put up or shut up....I intend to bring a resolution to the floor of the next 112 LEC meeting to ask that current CMR pilots be given priority hiring WITH THEIR CMR DOH for bidding purposes.

Either we are one together or we aren't...A national seniority list may not be possible, but this certainly is.

Rez...PCL128....Nevets...Will you support this or won't you?

That's only half. The second target came from DALPA in response to a little lawsuit. SO now the company is against them and DALPA. So that's leaves comair to fend for themselves. ALPA chest thumpers? After that lawsuit the last people you are going to get help and support from is ALPA. That scar will never heal.

The big announcement is that RG, originally from Mesa, is our new V.P.

Did you read the whole thing or just the one paragraph? I ask, because there were some important things later in the memo, like when it mentions SM's new responsibilities.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back