• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is time for the ALPA chest thumpers and cheerleaders to put up or shut up....I intend to bring a resolution to the floor of the next 112 LEC meeting to ask that current CMR pilots be given priority hiring WITH THEIR CMR DOH for bidding purposes.

Either we are one together or we aren't...A national seniority list may not be possible, but this certainly is.

Rez...PCL128....Nevets...Will you support this or won't you?

Hell NO. NEVER, NO way in hell. What is the drive for your love affair with the comair pilot group. They would NEVER do this for us if we were in their shoes. Proof is in the past:

We voted to hire furloughed alpa people during the last major downturn when we were hiring and allow the furloughs to retain their DOH at their original companies. COMAIR said if you come here you have to resign your seniority number and blew a big nasty green fart in every furloughed pilots direction. If we would have had guys on furlough at that time it would have been directed at us, just as it was toward everyone else.

JC Lawson and his senior cronies and former RJDC supporters (now I see the connection) who would benefit by your proposal are the same ones who turned a blind eye toward every furlough. If your proposal gets any positive attention, our ALPA leadership needs to be DISMISSED immediately.

I think Lawson and Ford will look good working at a Subway, asking "Would you like cheese on that?"

Bye Bye---General Lee

Subway is WAAAAYYY too good for those jerks! Maybe they will wind up sorting big turds from the little ones at the crapper plant. Lawson has done more damage to this industry than anyone since Lorenzo.

Hell NO. NEVER, NO way in hell. What is the drive for your love affair with the comair pilot group. They would NEVER do this for us if we were in their shoes. Proof is in the past:

We voted to hire furloughed alpa people during the last major downturn when we were hiring and allow the furloughs to retain their DOH at their original companies. COMAIR said if you come here you have to resign your seniority number and blew a big nasty green fart in every furloughed pilots direction. If we would have had guys on furlough at that time it would have been directed at us, just as it was toward everyone else.

JC Lawson and his senior cronies and former RJDC supporters (now I see the connection) who would benefit by your proposal are the same ones who turned a blind eye toward every furlough. If your proposal gets any positive attention, our ALPA leadership needs to be DISMISSED immediately.

Nail on the head!

Joe just will not let that damn thing die!

Regardless, What a shame that a few bad apples have to spoil a good time for everyone by breaking the rules.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - we did. [wink to Dean Wormer] But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole collective bargaining system? And if the whole collective bargaining system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

I would support some type of pref hiring. Even coming in at second or third year pay (or some type of pro-rated pay scale). But I don't think DOH (for bidding purposes) would be supported by our pilot group.

Now, if ALPA had some type of system that worked for all ALPA members that would be a different story. But to suddenly allow one pilot group to jump ahead of pilots at another airline...doesn't seem fair.

ALPA should be looking out for all members, not just one group. I am all for a Date of Membership seniority system (with some type of temporary fences). That's what ALPA should be working on.

No expert....just my two cents.

ALPA should be looking out for all members, not just one group.

No kidding.

We all signed up for this with the expectation that if we were ever to leave for greener pastures, it would be starting at the bottom of their list.

That means we all came to our present position with the expecation that our senoiority would be protected.

I feel for the CMR guys (or anyone else who through no fault of their own) chose poorly...but not so badly that I'm willing to give up my own relative seniority to help them out of their jam.

Sorry, but it could just as easily be me and I don't see other ALPA carrieres or anyone else holding the door open for me and inviting me to come on over with my present seniority number where we'll all sing Koombayah.

No kidding.

We all signed up for this with the expectation that if we were ever to leave for greener pastures, it would be starting at the bottom of their list.

That means we all came to our present position with the expecation that our senoiority would be protected.

I feel for the CMR guys (or anyone else who through no fault of their own) chose poorly...but not so badly that I'm willing to give up my own relative seniority to help them out of their jam.

Sorry, but it could just as easily be me and I don't see other ALPA carrieres or anyone else holding the door open for me and inviting me to come on over with my present seniority number where we'll all sing Koombayah.
Hope you never get 'Comaired'.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - we did. [wink to Dean Wormer] But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole collective bargaining system? And if the whole collective bargaining system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

Outstanding.

So do I.

If I do though, I'll walk away from this stupid industry...rather than go try to displace someone who chose smarter than me.

I'm an ASA guy and while I agree with you about a Comair guy coming over here in front of me, i wouldnt exactly say someone who chose ASA was smarter.... this business is all luck...

If you were a big swinging D!ck fighter pilot in Vietnam you went to TWA, PanAM or Eastern... all gone... I wouldnt say someone who selected Delta back then was 'smarter'

Latest resources

Back