COMAIR vs NETJETS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okaaaaaayyyyy....

Sorry, didn't mean to burst any bubbles or sound pompous, I'm really not...And by the way, my experience would not be in the BBJ, but the 737-800 and not much of it at that. Still, from a pilots's perspective it's not nearly as comfortable as a 727 for example because of the relatively small cockpit...Its all relative that's all I was saying.

I just wouldn't get all starry-eyed about flying the BBJ for Netjets, because from what I've heard, your chances of ever touching one are very remote.

Sorry if I've burst more bubbles!

:rolleyes:

Apology accepted.........I just remember that enthusiasm and don't think it should be shot down indiscriminately......

And you are correct......The odds of seeing a BBJ might be slim now, but if that poster is young and hangs out a bit, who knows what he'll fly? Could be better than a BBJ!

I got into this thing at age 36 and was told (by the FBO who was taking my money but also kind enough to tell me the truth) that the odds of my "making'' it as a commerical pilot were slim due to my age and the cruddy economy......If you had told me in January of '93 that by Sept of '92 I'd have been a captain on a turbo-prop then a regional jet afterwards a "X", I would have thought that you were nuts......

Some dreams come true! Let the kid dream!

Go easy on BF. He is a good guy!! I think we all need a good dose of reality sometimes, myself included.

Carry on,
gump

Diesel said:
Let me all explain where Schaevola is coming from. I believe i met him on the road the other day and it explains why he is such a bitter little man.

I'm wondering if that was little Mikey? Now that was some serious fraud. If this is the guy you are talking about then nobody should listen to any of his comments at all. Schaevola, "Mike?" of all people should never have complained about low pay at NJA when he made thousands of dollars at the expense of pilots and NJA. He was very, very, very lucky not to goto jail. Hell he should be kissing NJA's ass for not pressing charges.

Don't need to look for me in impossible places. I have been with EJA for 4 unhappy years. Because of the economy it looks I will be stuck here for many years to come.
I have seen enough of this company to know what's all about. I know who you guys are also( for exemplu because of Mister Gump88 three good pilots got fired). You are the people who make this place a miserable place to be at. Because of you, my dear a#$kissers, backstubbers, and EJA's propagandists, the new contract will never be possible. We will never work for decent money in this company. The reason why people are applying to EJA is because are no jobs out there and economy is the way it is. If I remember well, before 9/11 we were not able to find any pilots(not to blame, not too many insanes to work 14 hours a day for 7 straight days up to 21 days a month for ONLY 27G a year, not including per diem because that everybody has it). We were saved by Comair's strike when many of their pilots in need of a job came over. THAT'S REALITY. THE REST IS BS from the same people. We have 2000 pilots but you see the same people on internet. Get a life guys. When you are coming home from rotation try to get a date or something and don't waist your youth on internet telling people how beautiful of a night you had looking to the moon from your 300 dollars a night room provided by your wonderful company called EJA. I'm in business to make money and not to admire the moon's beauty. AND SO FAR EJA PAYS US SH*T. PERIOD.

Schaevola.....

Dude ????????????????

Your sick!

Last edited:
You are not worth a response. Good luck in your aviation endevours.

gump:D

Hey Shaevola,

Somewhere on this board you said that you had "resigned", and now you're telling us that you're here and have been for 4 years......who do you think you're kidding?

You, my poor friend, have some MAJOR problems.....I sincerely suggest that you seek help......there is no shame in that, for sure.

But to cast accusations at other people on here and disparage their reputations is not only uncalled for, but, immoral......

Please, take care of yourself and look at your own heart....it is full of bitterness and contempt and one can only imagine what that is doing to your soul....

May God bless.....

"Somewhere on this board you said that you had "resigned", and now you're telling us that you're here and have been for 4 years......who do you think you're kidding? "

Following is a post from Shaevola dated 8/30/02. His story has changed somewhat since then.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regionals vs. Fractionals is Pilots vs. Something not Defined Yet(not 91 and not 135). At Regionals you are a 121 pilot. Such as Majors but to a smaller scale. The life quality is better and once you are upgraded money is better and schedule is better. AND THE MOST IMPORTANT YOU ARE A PILOT.
At fractionals(with all due respect toward NJA Capt - I see that he is the person in charge with NJA's Official Propaganda Bureau) the schedule is impossible, the money is......what money??? I don't remember to see any money working there. They treat you like a servant in the sky where that semi rich b@#$^ds can wash the floors with you. If you are serviable enough maybe you get a tip. Netjet's policy is to do not accept tips but in the same time NetJets's policy is to do not refuse the customer(go figure). I am a driver but not that kind of driver. I like to be respected for my profession, I don't like to get tipped, I don't like to kiss a@#$s.
I don't know how in the world NJA is doing good right now but something is smelly overthere? Maybe because they do 135 business under 91 rules??? I worked for EJA one year and I remember only a hand full of furtnukers to be happy there(that was before 09/11....now maybe is different. A job is a job). The general policy was if you want to keep your job you have to say that EJA is the best in the world, EJA is your mother and father, and if you had some critics better checked twice who you were talking to. Pay scale it looks the same. They are in discussions for more than 1 year by now. And I bet it will stay the same because NJA buys more planes, hires more pilots, more pilots on the street with no jobs SO NO MORE MONEY FOR PAY INCREASES.
How comes " the best fractionals in the world" are paid the less.
FO does a good jobs and you don't see them on this board so much. That means they mind their own business.
FlexJet pays a little better but the majority look unhappy with their management.
So my 2 cents opinion is that if I have to go back in time I will take regionals over fractionals.

Hi Joel
Nobody can answer this question but yourself. Maybe should you ask questions about schedule, money, and other considerations important to you.
NJA is good, solid and expanding rapidly. A new contract is on the way for the end of next year (?) and should make it a better place to work.
Fundamentally a certain number of things won't change: For instance, you will never have a turn around day. In other words, you will spend 1/2 of your life away from home regardless of you seniority.
The schedule are made 3 months in advance with a "rigid pattern" such as 7/7 or 6/5, 5/5, 6/2... As a result, it is not possible to bid 2 off periods back to back.
Remember that 90% of the advisers don't know 121 ops and the 10% were forced out.
As far as the money, it should be about the same or maybe better by the end of the contract ( i don't know how much a 5 year capt makes at Comair).
You will work 12 to 14 hours a day (show time not wake up time). Not just preflighting and flying but cleaning, catering,...
Since your time off duty is 10 hours, your personal life is limited to eat and sleep during a tour; no city visit, beer, exercise,...
Money is only a small part of the question. Quality of life and personal pride are also to be considered.

Don't get me wrong: This company is the best in the business and it is one of the best alternative to the majors.

Good luck. Either way you are in pretty good shape.

Latest resources

Back