COMAIR vs NETJETS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To Lifestyle:
Your numbers are not exactly accurate. I have been at NJA for over 2 years and my first year gross was 29K. My second year gross was 44.2K and this year I will just make 50K. I don't count expense money as income and I don't do extended days. I get maybe 2 after midnight returns a year. This is not a complaint. It is just some simple facts.

Dukie

Dukie:

How did you manage to stay on SIC pay so long? Most go to PIC pay within the first three months. My first year gross was 40967.00. This was taxable income, not per diem. It does include overtime/extended/ holiday pay. (I never volunteer for extended days.)

I was on SIC pay for over 7 months since no one jr to me had a Capt's bid. This isn't happening anymore but it did to some people around the time I was hired.

Hey Dukie,

From your history, I'd say that you need some more multi-time, don't you think?!?!?!!? HA!!!!!

TWENTY-SEVEN THOUSAND HOURS!!!!!! Holy wow!

A couple of tours ago my "FO" in the "X" only had 18,000 hours and kept talking about his needing more multi-time (yea, right!!!!)......I guess he must think himself a novice compared to someone like you with 27,000 hours, huh?

What a riot!!!!!;)

Schaevola said:

So anytime anybody asks for suggestions from NJA people just tell them your experience and stop tell them to come over because at NJA is Heaven on Earth and honey is flying through Bridgeway's halls.
You are just a company what is hiring FOR NOW. That's it. Your pay sucks. Your schedule sucks. If something better is coming people will go overthere.

Well my goodness, why where you fired??? If you resigned instead then you are bitter, aren't you?

Anyway, I've been with NJA 4 years and I love my schedule, 7 on 7 off... Just had 3 weeks off, one of which was my vacation.. Get the drift week off, one week vaction, one week off... I do hate the drive to work.. See I live 254 miles from my gateway, MSY and I drive over the nite before... I also dislike the fact that if the company doesn't fly me on day one then I pay for another nite in a Hotel out of my pocket... I've been about $500.00 a month in the hole at NJA now for the past 5 months... But that will change, if it doesn't? Well? I'm not sure what I will do... Pay, well you are right the pay is crap, but more than you say... I made $37786.00 the first year but they where paying 3 days pay then for getting me home late, so the extra $1050.00 a month helped and it was every month by my records... Now I make $57996.00 a year working 14 days every month except one month each quarter and I'm on for 15 that month and I fly about 30 hours a month, hell May I flew 2.3 hours.. Of course thats not overtime, which I'm not getting any cause the Excel is being managed very well... Yes my pay sucks but it will increase on this contract... I say 120%.. Which the company can pay without any problem at all....

I'm very sorry you lost your job... So cheer up Dude and try to feel a little love in your heart instead of hate, you will live longer...

But you know what??? I learn on every flight that, I love my JOB!!! Its the greatest flying JOB in the world!! Joel welcome to NJA and if you need anything let me know!! I'm a captain on the Excel so please write if you need help..

Last edited:
Gentlemen,

Thank you all for the info and words of encourgement....especially you Surplus1, you really made me focus on my goal. Thanx

It is with great pleasure that I tell you all that I will be traveling at .92 in the Citation X starting 30 Sep!!! Indoc 4 Nov. Can't wait to make the change!! Thanx again................Joel

Anyone have any X info like EP's and limits??

Welcome aboard dude!

I went through the Commutair, Midway shuffle before landing here. Things are looking bright for the fractional industry seeing as we just ordered an addition 200 airplanes and now that totals like 1,000 airplanes ordered/options!

I must say that I sometimes miss flying the line at Midway, it was a good group of people.

Just lay low while on probation, the company will quickly point fingers at the pilots if something goes wrong, ie dissatisfied customer. Just have a good attitude, be honest, but watch your back.

Later,

Greg

Joel said:
Gentlemen,

Thank you all for the info and words of encourgement....especially you Surplus1, you really made me focus on my goal. Thanx

It is with great pleasure that I tell you all that I will be traveling at .92 in the Citation X starting 30 Sep!!! Indoc 4 Nov. Can't wait to make the change!! Thanx again................Joel

Congratulations. Glad you got the job and hope you will be successful doing what you really want to.

Good luck!

Lumber Yak said:
Brand new corporate jets - including BBJs!!!!!!!! Can you imagine eventually (after a few years...) flying a new BBJ across the pond? Pretty nice...

What are the chances you'll ever get to fly one being that its a very senior airplane? Besides... its all relative. I can tell you from experience that the BBJ is not the pilot's choice for transatlantic flights due to the relatively small cockpit, unless you're a passenger. Remember, its nothing more than a stretched-out dolled-up 737 that was not designed to be a long range airplane. It was, in fact, the original "regional jet"...NOW look what they've done with those!

However, given the choice of that over another "business jet", it looks pretty good.;)

Last edited:
Nothing like dashing someone's enthusiasm, BigFlyer......And your point of doing that would be?

Let's see, a nice shiny new 737 that's all "dolled up" with just a few folks in the back with a couple of F/A's, great food, good hotels. Sounds pretty lousy to me as opposed to your experience. And the BBJ is not the "pilots choice" for transatlantic flights. And this you know from experience.

Put your ego away and let the kid have some fun.......

Latest resources

Back