Comair vs. ACA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
8 years next month.

So let me get this straight, you were hired at Comair when the only way to get a job there was to pay for training. This undercut all decent, hardworking pilots paying their dues trying to get positions. It also undercut wages - why should management pay people a decent wage when people are willing to sell themselves and fellow pilots short by paying for training.

You are hypocritical to put down ACA for not holding out for a better contract when you yourself helped undermine the profession when you elected to pay a company for training.

I'm not trying to start a pft war here, just pointing out that you are the last person with a right to criticize anyone of hurting the profession

OHHH ALL KNOWING ALL SEEING RIGHTRUDDER..................

THE ONE WHO KNOWS ALL ASPECTS OF MY LIFE....TELL ME, WILL I BE A MILLIONAIR ONE DAY??????????????

You seem rather smug when it comes to knowing my life. What else am I wrong about?

I DID NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR MY TRAINING AT COMAIR...PERIOD...

NEXT QUESTION.....................

originally posted by @fellowj@cka$$ (a.k.a. afellowaviator)

I have made a lot of enemies here, I really did not intend to, but I guess they did not like what I have had to say. I'm actually a pretty likable guy. I have had many, many FO's tell me I was one of there favorite Captains to fly with.

HA! What crack are you smoking now. Here are the facts my fellow unaviator

1. You are anything but friendly. Even your fellow Comair pilots are on this board stating their disgust with you.

2. After Comair went on strike Delta realized how iomportant having contract carriers were and that is why you have 4 carriers going into the same airport & crisscrosing each other. DELTA WILL NEVER GO TO JUST WHOLLY OWNED AIRLINES

3. YOU ARE THE MOST IMMATURE PILOT I HAVE EVER HEARD. Why bash your fellow pilots. I have heard rumors of ASA flying out of SLC and you know what?......I DON'T CARE!! Is it their decision to come here, no. Is it ASA's decision, NO. IT IS DELTA.

4. Comair & ASA are not God's gift to mankind. Im think all of Delta's contract carriers are quality. THINK ABOUT IT IDIOT!! If (in your wet dream) Delta just wanted to go with ASA & Comair then they would stop growing everyone else & give you guys all the flying. Is this happening?

I don't know who you are but you are making some fast enemies here. Been at Comair 8 years eh? My guess is you tried to goi elsewhere but didn't for whatever reason. GET OVER IT. This board is for people seeking info about regionals and all you do is bash everyone else. WHY DON'T YOU TELL PEOPLE ABOUT HOW TO PREPARE FOR AN INTERVIEW AT COMAIR.......oh wait, that would be to positive

GROW UP!!!!!

I DID NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR MY TRAINING AT COMAIR...PERIOD...

If you were hired in Nov. 94, as you claim, you paid for your training. Everyone who was hired at Comair at that time paid for their training. Period.

Explain to us how you were exempt? Perhaps because you are special? I think not.

JEEPMAN, JEEPMAN,

Where did that come from? If attacked, I will attack back. My original post on this thread was polite, informative, and in good taste, as other pilots have pointed out. You guys are responsible for the current tone hear, not me.

I tell you what, I really ruffled some feathers here, didn't I. Oh well.

Deal with it. I hope your obvious inability to keep a cool, level headed prospective does not translate to the way you operate an airplane.
Do you get this bent out of shape on the flight deck? If so, I would recommend taking yourself off line for a while and seeking help. Safety of flight should be your number one concern.

RIGHTFLUDDER,

I do not have to explain anything to you. I already stated that I did not have to pay for training at Comair, period.

next question please.......

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't imagine treating some one like this. I have flown with AFELLOWAVIATOR a number of times, and I will tell you he is in the top 3 captains to fly with. The fo's love him and the fa's do too.

I had a hunch I knew who he was, and sure enough, I ask him and I was right.

He saved my ass when I was a new hire. I had some problems in my sim training and he went way, way beyond the call of duty to get me thru the program, In the cockpit and in the sim he is fun, and professional, and an extremely good pilot.

You guys have no idea how foolish you look treating him like this.And by the way, he may not of paid for training. I know a lot of instructors who spent 2 years as an instructor, then went to the line. He was probably one of those.

AFELLOWAVIATOR, sorry about all this, we at Comair love ya man!

I do not have to explain anything to you. I already stated that I did not have to pay for training at Comair, period.

I figured it out, you did not have to pay, daddy did.

Goodpilotithink wrote:

"WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't imagine treating some one like this. I have flown with AFELLOWAVIATOR a number of times, and I will tell you he is in the top 3 captains to fly with. The fo's love him and the fa's do too.

I had a hunch I knew who he was, and sure enough, I ask him and I was right.

He saved my ass when I was a new hire. I had some problems in my sim training and he went way, way beyond the call of duty to get me thru the program, In the cockpit and in the sim he is fun, and professional, and an extremely good pilot.

You guys have no idea how foolish you look treating him like this.And by the way, he may not of paid for training. I know a lot of instructors who spent 2 years as an instructor, then went to the line. He was probably one of those.

AFELLOWAVIATOR, sorry about all this, we at Comair love ya man!"

.....doesn't this sound suspicously like AFELLOWAVIATOR?

Grammar and sentence style is exactly the same.

What a joke!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back