Comair union amenable to taking Delta pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
737 Pylt said:
Hey spinproof. I see you came out from under the rock you're sharing with your rjdc pals.
Not having voiced thier opinion against support of our furloughees is just as bad! I did not see one voice of support!
Whiners, I think not. Pi$$ed, I think so!
Stop back when you have less time!
Rock? Sounds like you'd like to get personal! I'd love to accomdate you. Feel free to email me with your avalible times and dates. I'm sure we can arrange a meeting for you to vent your anger.
RJDC pals ,yes I have many what that has to do with this isn't clear. What is clear is the support you now demand wouldn't be nessessary if a simple staple was agreed to a few years back.
What is also clear is that you are a whinner and a pu$$y. Apparently that goes with having a 737 type rating.

Hey, I have a good idea. Let's take all the Comair guys' battle stars away and replace them with something a little more obvious. I mean, it seems like we all need a little more reminding about the stand they took and how we should all recognize them for it, ad nauseum...

I'm thinking perhaps a large wooden cross. You guys would look fantastic hauling them around the terminal, and then we wouldn't ever forget your *ahem* sacrifice. As a plus, we could all be reminded about how the big, bad Delta pilots continue to trample on your rights and refuse to give you the respect you are due. Maybe we could even remember to bow when you pass by.........

Jeez.

The Delta pilots I have read so far, real professional. If you act like this, I don't want to work for Delta. You make the most in the industry as well, and you give Comair a hard time because they make $2 more an hour then Air Wisconsin. From what I have read I have seen more mature comments from 8th graders. Is this why MAINLINE MAKES THE BIG BUCKS? Get a life. I am so sorry you have to make the decision to sell your summer home or have your wife go to work. Considering the HIGHEST PAID REGIONAL AIRLINE MAKES $24,000 HIS FIRST YEAR.

N813CA,

I made a lot less than that in the early 90's. The reason we are mad is the "response" by your MEC leadership and the lack of response by your membership after our guys started getting furloughed. The key here is that you can't back any of your statements up, primarily because ASA helped and you did not, and you guys are sister airlines. It made no sense. And then, your leader Lawson just stated in the paper that the Comair MEC floated the idea last Summer to managment to help our furloughs out, after all of you guys on here said there was NO WAY TO BREAK THE 11th Commandment---"Thou shalt not hire a Delta pilot furlough without seniority resignation." What a joke. That is what we as a whole are mad about. The ASA pilots helped out when our guys NEEDED IT, and they will be rewarded. And, I treat all pilots well when on our jumpseat, and I am especially friendly to ASA and Chautaqua pilots now. I don't give Comair pilots cold stares, that is ridiculous. I just don't go out of my way to say hi.

Bye Bye--General Lee

spinproof said:
Rock? Sounds like you'd like to get personal! I'd love to accomdate you. Feel free to email me with your avalible times and dates. I'm sure we can arrange a meeting for you to vent your anger.
RJDC pals ,yes I have many what that has to do with this isn't clear. What is clear is the support you now demand wouldn't be nessessary if a simple staple was agreed to a few years back.
What is also clear is that you are a whinner and a pu$$y. Apparently that goes with having a 737 type rating.
First off, I sh1t bigger than you!
Besides, last night your momma didn't think so! But then again, she had her mouth full most of the night. Next time, you better have the trailer cleaned, and put some beer in the fridge.

Last edited:
General Lee

You at least don't ## in my face and I will respect that and that is why I will respond. First of all, I also made less in the early 90's we all did. Times were good when Comair and Delta made their last contract. I strongly believe if Comair wasn't making between 20-45 million a quarter we would take a pay cut. Yeah I know, you will now say that our profit doesn't count because we don't have our own scheduling system, ect.... Comair made money before Delta bought them as well as now, I don't care if Comair makes even $20 million there is still a profit. I saw in the CVG paper 4 months ago, I know we can't believe what we see in the papers but they said that Comair has the lowest cost per seat mile in the DCI. Yet we are the most paid by 3 dollars compared to AW. Even ASA which is going through negotiations is only $4-5 less then us. Sorry to get off the main topic. I can't change your mind and I don't want to change your mind. The odds of Delta hiring in the next 10 years is pretty hopeless. I don't personally know JC, and that is why I don't think you should bash the whole pilot group. Just to give you an idea. Our pilot group did approve bringing you guys on last summer and keep your sonority. You know what our management said, so what we are still not going to do it. So we have tried, and I strongly feel that we have tried before, but if our management feels it is best not to, what are we suppose to do? There is a reason why Comair makes $20-45 million a quarter. There is also a reason why Delta bought us for so much money. In fact, I believe Delta paid more money to buy us than any other airline paid to buy an airline. What does that tell you.

737 pylt said:
Besides, last night your momma didn't think so! But then again, she had her mouth full most of the night. Next time, you better have the trailer cleaned, and put some beer in the fridge.

And you pretend to be a professional? How are we to take anything you say seriously when you act like an infant?

You sh!t bigger than him... What the hell does that mean???

N813CA,

Ok, here we go again with the "we make money and you don't....." We could go around in circles on this, but obviously you guys would be better off on your own---you know, like successful Independence Air. Right........ I would hope that you make money---most of your routes used to fill 727s. And, that successful RJ hub---DFW---has really done well for us. Those CR7s on long transcons (DFW-OAK, DFW-JFK, DFW-FLL, DFW--DCA) have all done great. I know that was ASA's hub, but if you were in there you would have cost more and it still would have gone south.

Look, there is no doubt that the RJ can do well for us, but that is when it is put on the correct route. Just rember something, profits are opinions. There are always ways to move money around and make certain parts more profitable than others. You can depreciate aircraft and create losses. There are plenty of Wharton style tactics that can $crew with people. But, we all know that a full 777 to Europe or NRT really brings in the dough. And Grinstein said that we need large profits to pay down the debt. With our costs in line at mainline, expect more mainline participation and less 50 seat use. Sure, you did create some profits, and that is great. But, management is looking at your overall costs, and comparing it to Mesa and others. What will you say when asked if you want more growth in exchange for pay cuts? Will you stand up and say "Hey, you bought us for $1.5 billion, we are worth more!" I doubt that. Even Lawson said he knows they will be asking for more. How much are you worth? We didn't have a choice, do you?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
737 Pylt said:
My Mother died in 2001. I think you are mistaken on meeting her.

Apparently you feel compelled to talk when you should listen. You are like a little boy that hides behind his mothers skirt shouting how tough you are. Demeaning people for something they had nothing to do. You are a weasel and a coward. The worst kind of coward one that thrives on blamming the guiltless for their missery.

God knows who you are pray I don't find out.

Last edited:
spinproof said:
God knows who you are pray I don't find out.
Now I'm really shankin in my boots!
Wow, someone must have really peed in your cheerios! I hope you don't have any pets with that kind of anger! Better not be piloting an aircraft either with all that hostility!

Latest resources

Back