• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to XJ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How hard would it have been for ALPA at Mesaba to say to managment.

We will take all the furloughed Comair pilots before anyone else? Why shouldn't they, is my question. Why didn't they?

Where is Rez O Gheyshun

edit: ( I am not a comair pilot, just someone looking inside)

Last edited:
How hard would it have been for ALPA at Mesaba to say to managment.

We will take all the furloughed Comair pilots before anyone else? Why shouldn't they, is my question. Why didn't they?

Where is Rez O Gheyshun

Because ALPA doesn't hire pilots.
Doesn't seem like there is much ALPA does do.
The only thing they claim is that "The company signs the pay check, ALPA fills out the ammount!"

get a clue

The absolute worst thing possible- chase growth, from one regional to another. Just look at the folks that left ASA to go to SkyWest. Look how many times we thought ASA was in the crapper a year and a half ago- it's been on the ups and downs since I got here nearly five years ago.

You can't play chess with this stuff, and you certainly can't outguess the system. Things change so fast, so often, it's impossible. Just ride it out.

On another note- I'm deeply disappointed in ALPA for standing by and watching this happen. They should be fighting a hell of a lot harder to prevent one ALPA carrier (Mesaba) from growing at anothers (Comair) expense. Especially given that the two are wholy owneds.

Thats been going on for years and guess what, ALPA can do nothing about it! Seriously man, ALPA is not as well organized as other NAtionally organized Unions. Just hope your MEC has good people who can do what they can to make your little world better. Now I also must say that do not blame Mesaba pilots for the "Whip Saw" that we all know so well. When every other regional was getting aircraft from their majors we were getting aircraft taken away. Not to mention the government forced pay cuts and other loses brought on by what should have been an illegal bankruptcy. I cannot wait to have all everyone making those of us at XJ the bad guys. If it were up to me, Alpa would be fighting the good fight. More on that later.

Because we need to weed out people with attitudes like yours. Why should we hire Comair guys with no interview? As a courtesy our ALPA has worked out preferential (read not guaranteed) interviews to extend an opportunity to fellow ALPA members.

Bottom line our company has always had high-standards, a great pilot group and safety record without equal, and would like to continue to do so. With no control, and being forced to hire everyone how do yo think that would work out? Every carrier has a few "tools" working for them, and you can usually pick them out of a crowd without much difficulty.

Too bad your airline's pay scale dosn't match up to your "high standards" and your safety record that has no equal as you say. I hope when your contract negotiations start you'll remember to bring that up. I'm sure the hundreds of furloghed comair pilots or ASA pilots who see the propect of a furlough just over the horizon who fought for years to get what they have love hearing you gloat how your airline with substandard pay is better than everyone else's airline. Who are the tools again?

Because we need to weed out people with attitudes like yours. Why should we hire Comair guys with no interview? As a courtesy our ALPA has worked out preferential (read not guaranteed) interviews to extend an opportunity to fellow ALPA members.

Bottom line our company has always had high-standards, a great pilot group and safety record without equal, and would like to continue to do so. With no control, and being forced to hire everyone how do yo think that would work out? Every carrier has a few "tools" working for them, and you can usually pick them out of a crowd without much difficulty.
As a courtesy, this is what ALPA has done? You are a Class "A" Power Tool.

And all that cute bull ******************** about great pilot group and high standards...you're at a sub-par regional you moron! You think it's great that you're floating kind of near the top in the septic tank that is the regionals. Go ******************** yourself sideways

:uzi: XJCaptain

not to get off subject here. but i'm not even to sure why mr snap145 should even care. according to yours posts you are at pinnacle now, and from the looks of your previous posts you have been at tsa, chq, and maybe another regional or two in there (comair/psa?) do you just like stirring the pot and turning others against one another or have you decided its been a few months at pinnacle and time to move on again. just curious.

diablo...you sir are the king of duesche bags....I dont have to rectify to you where ive worked...this is my second regional (not that it matters or I give half a sh%t what you think..) not my fourth or fifth according to you....secondly I was simply asking if the furloughed Comair guys were accepting interviews at Mesaba, as according to one of my friends a few of them were given interviews....nice try though drag queen....so stick your head back down your sisters pants...

All this pissing and moaning is a joke, don't blame XJ for any of this. You just happen to be the b_tch we were 2 years ago. Enjoy the ride!

Too bad your airline's pay scale dosn't match up to your "high standards" and your safety record that has no equal as you say.
Just did a little comparison on pay for you (based on APC payscales. XJ's reflect DOS +2 bump Dec 1st 2008)...
Comair
1st year $22
5 yr 700 CA $66
10 yr 700 CA $78
ASA
1st year $23
5 yr 700 CA $69
10 yr 700 CA $81
9E
1st year $21
5 yr 70 seat CA $69
10 yr 70 seat CA $81
XJ
1st year $24
5 yr 70 seat CA $71
10 yr 70 seat CA $82

I don't see how we are substandard here. Is it what we should make.... NO.... But below our peers, not really.
I hope when your contract negotiations start you'll remember to bring that up. I'm sure the hundreds of furloghed comair pilots or ASA pilots who see the propect of a furlough just over the horizon who fought for years to get what they have love hearing you gloat how your airline with substandard pay is better than everyone else's airline.
I hope you are not implying that XJ has not fought to improve/preserve our contract through our contract '04 or Concessionary contract '06 (which is currently snapping back to '04 rates). I was here for Comair's strike and we (XJ pilots) walked with them on their picket line then, we (XJ) were one of a select few airlines that let them jumpseat during the strike, and they (Comair) were walking with us during the contract and BK informational picketing. Comair helped many of our pilots with preferential hiring during our MULTIPLE furloughs between '01-'06. And guess what, not all were hired. We got no beef between us, union to union. If you have a problem, I think it is your own.
Who are the tools again?
I think one individual Comair 700 FO.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back