• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to XJ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WMU - I know what's going on at Comair. But between 2001-2007 Mesaba shrank while practically every other airline out there grew and prospered, hence why you have ex-XJers on your list.

Everyone seems to be "angry" at Mesaba for "growing" and "taking our planes" while everyone furloughs, but nobody remembers the past.

Well I'm not mad, I was out drinking with some of my Mesaba buddies last night, unfortunately work was talked about...

the idiots on this thread sure don't speak for the majority of us.

I agree with you that it stinks that one ALPA carrier is growing at the expense of another ALPA carrier. This is good for no pilot. However, what can ALPA, at this stage of the game, do about it? A little foresight, a long time ago, could have changed this situation, but at the present, I just don't see that there is much that ALPA can do about it.
Right here is a growing problem of ALPA cheerleaders. We hear people saying "ALPA should get involved" for what ever reason.
But then you have ALPA chest thumpers sit there say "Well, ALPA can't help us on that".....Then WTF are we paying our dues towards?

But then you have ALPA chest thumpers sit there say "Well, ALPA can't help us on that".....Then WTF are we paying our dues towards?

Well, that magazine ain't cheap. The last issue has excellent coverage of the BOD pow-wow in Vegas. BTW, why would an organization headquartered in Herndon, VA, have its BOD meeting in Vegas? Is it because Vegas is so centrally located?

Right here is a growing problem of ALPA cheerleaders. We hear people saying "ALPA should get involved" for what ever reason.

Man, I'm just not sure what point you are trying to make here...

FWIW, I wouldn't exactly call myself an ALPA 'cheerleader', but I do support the existence of ALPA as ultimately being a net positive for my career. Therefore, I have an opinion. I would rather have ALPA around, warts and all.

Another opinion I have is that the people who work for Comair are getting screwed, primarily by their corporate parent. The return on investment, in terms of percentages of the number of years that you are allowed to work, for the people at Comair appears to be relatively smaller than at other carriers. I can only hope that good will come around for Comair's people.

Man, I'm just not sure what point you are trying to make here....
What I am saying, is that there are many people on here who are saying ALPA should stand up to the plate when they are needed.
After these people say that, you have the Pro-ALPA guys saying "Well, you see, ALPA really doesn't have anything to do with that" when clearly they do.
You have ALPA pilots losing their jobs that are going to another ALPA carrier, they should have something to do with it. But they don't.
So since ALPA doesn't really get involved with anything, other than publishing a magazine and nifty flight bag stickers....what do they do?

And then if ALPA does get involved, they need more money because....well, your dues just don't cover that.

Last edited:
Well, that magazine ain't cheap. The last issue has excellent coverage of the BOD pow-wow in Vegas. BTW, why would an organization headquartered in Herndon, VA, have its BOD meeting in Vegas? Is it because Vegas is so centrally located?
The fishing cabin in Canada must have been booked this year.

How many of you unfortunate Comair folks are taking the pref interview and job at Mesaba? Just curious...good luck to all of you whatever road you choose....

not to get off subject here. but i'm not even to sure why mr snap145 should even care. according to yours posts you are at pinnacle now, and from the looks of your previous posts you have been at tsa, chq, and maybe another regional or two in there (comair/psa?) do you just like stirring the pot and turning others against one another or have you decided its been a few months at pinnacle and time to move on again. just curious.

Last edited:
By the way, doing their best to give everyone a shot at a new career?

A NEW CAREER? What kind of stuff are you smoking thinking anyone wants to make a career at Mesaba?

Ahahahahahahaahha! You are only getting all of those planes because your company does it CHEAPER! THAT'S IT, no other reason, everything else is bullshat. The goons that run Mesaba are the biggest whoes.[/QUOTE]

Little bitter fella? Seriously, are you for real? Take a timeout in the corner and chime in another day. You lack ANY understanding or perspective.

Ahahaha?? Now that's smart.

deleted

Last edited:
I would like to clarify that I am in agreement with everything DX Rick said, I am a regional pilot, and I am not your most experienced pilot. The little time I have spent in this business, I have seen ALPA preachers talk about a brotherhood, and when it came time to see ALPA in action, I saw nothing. Too many times. I just wish the Comair pilots were treated better, these guys are just like everyone else, and there jobs are being threatened just like so many others, while another companies management makes gains, and some people in the company making gains pilot group are drinking the kool-aid, talking crap, and ALPA hasn't done anything to help!

Latest resources

Back