Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im an FO on the ER out of Atl! Its a pleasure talking with you! What is your story? Are you coming back to Delta? We would love to have you back ASAP! Take Care my Friend!
HecK I didn't even get to start at Delta! I had interviewed back in 2003 while I was still in the Navy, got offered the job but then it was recinded a week before I was to start. So I was lured to Delta Connection Academy to work there with the oppottunity to get flight training as well and get that shiny guaranteed interview a the end. Nah I got my multi commercial and got on with Comair in MCO. As soon as we hit Ch.11 I was offered a job at entry management spot at MAG. Oh I didn't even make it a year there! So here I am back at Comair. I've got feelers out at Delta still, but I'm waiting to see how the DL/NWA guys get integrated and if there will be openings when the dust settles.

Hey acarpe3448,

Maybe if Delta would have let the PID in 2000 go through you would have not been furloughed.

Why didn't Delta mgmt tell Comair mgmt to hire furloughed Delta pilots. They could have. They would rather let the unions fight it out and laugh the entire time.

You can blame JC but you also better blame Will B the Delta MEC chairman for not getting it done!

He's making fun of you. This guy is a ****************************** bag.
HecK I didn't even get to start at Delta! I had interviewed back in 2003 while I was still in the Navy, got offered the job but then it was recinded a week before I was to start. So I was lured to Delta Connection Academy to work there with the oppottunity to get flight training as well and get that shiny guaranteed interview a the end. Nah I got my multi commercial and got on with Comair in MCO. As soon as we hit Ch.11 I was offered a job at entry management spot at MAG. Oh I didn't even make it a year there! So here I am back at Comair. I've got feelers out at Delta still, but I'm waiting to see how the DL/NWA guys get integrated and if there will be openings when the dust settles.

Hey acarpe, you're giving our mec chairman at that time, waaaay too much credit. By the end of the strike he was pretty much neutered by Delta/Comair management. The decision about delta pilots coming to comair was made by your management and comair management as a way to pit the two pilot groups against each other and to get back at us for striking. I noticed a definite change in our mec chair's tone before the strike and after. As the strike went on I think he became afraid of the monster he had helped create. Afterwards he was always cautious about rocking the boat and pretty much let them have their way. He had no power to influence comair in hiring delta pilots. What happened with your furloughed guys and comair was a bum deal but perhaps you should start blaming your mangement.

Last edited:
The Delta pilots wanted to be "separate".....Therefor they are no different than any other pilot group.....If you want to work for CMR....you need to resign your seniority number....Either comply with the requirements or go to work somewhere else.....

You can't have it both ways.....Either we are one group or we are separate....If we are separate than you need to apply and meet the company requirements......

So, in summation of JM:
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

2 points to touch on in this thread.

First, I cannot believe we are all being adults in this conversation. This has got to be the first F.I. thread on a heated topic of "transfer of flying" and all parties are being mature adults. Congratulations on us all.

Second, Comair PFT has slipped my mind. You guys are right that memories are short. I have been around since 98 and for the life of me remember Comair being PFT. Can someone remind me of the details.

I take back the adult conversation part.

He's making fun of you. This guy is a ****************************** bag.
I'm a mech not a pilot..well not a regional pilot, so I don't have a dog in this fight. Seemed like a genuine civil conversation to me.

I'm a mech not a pilot..well not a regional pilot, so I don't have a dog in this fight. Seemed like a genuine civil conversation to me.

Bubba -

A quick review of Acarpe's posts will reveal that he has nothing but contempt for Comair and anyone associated. Apparently, he was one of Delta's jr. FO's when they furloughed and blames all things Comair.

Most of us here tend to find little sincerety from Acarpe. That is why you might see some posts from other guys that seem a little off-color right off the bat in a conversation. He's really a hateful, pitiful person with little moral character.

How anyone could wish so much hate on brother pilots who had no stake in his previous misfortune escapes me.

Bubba -

A quick review of Acarpe's posts will reveal that he has nothing but contempt for Comair and anyone associated. Apparently, he was one of Delta's jr. FO's when they furloughed and blames all things Comair.

Most of us here tend to find little sincerety from Acarpe. That is why you might see some posts from other guys that seem a little off-color right off the bat in a conversation. He's really a hateful, pitiful person with little moral character.

How anyone could wish so much hate on brother pilots who had no stake in his previous misfortune escapes me.

This coming from a person that calls my mother and sister fat and syays that someone pulled a train on them! Let me tell you, you sure have a real compassion for people and a mature way of expressing it!

This coming from a person that calls my mother and sister fat and syays that someone pulled a train on them! Let me tell you, you sure have a real compassion for people and a mature way of expressing it!
Asscarpe. You might be in the wrong place if you are looking for sympathy. But, I can't help being a nice guy. As far as I'm concerned, your mom is pleasingly plump and let's just say that she is a crowd pleaser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back