• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to furlough 500??!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I was at CMR, the term dump the "anchor" was used by management in terms of adding other codes.

I don't think anyone at CMR wants to dump delta. They do want to lose the WO status though. Becoming a private company again and being just another money making RJ carrier is all most want.

generaltso said:
Will Delta offer any furloughed Comair pilots interviews without having to resign seniority number?

Delta doesn't require that pilots resign their seniority numbers, but since we aren't hiring and have 490 pilots on furlough it's a moot point.

FDJ2 said:
Delta doesn't require that pilots resign their seniority numbers, but since we aren't hiring and have 490 pilots on furlough it's a moot point.

I guess you didn't pick up on the irony of my question

Man that sucks. A good friend and mentor got a class date with COEX in December 01 ... cancelled. The he got a class date with ACA in 03 ... cancelled. He got on with Shuttle America in 05 but quickly went to Comair, now ... furloughed.

He's a helluva nice guy but aviation is a helluva career track. :(

Hope you guys aren't out long and that very few have to go at all.

Minh

if you find out where he's applying to next.. please let me know. SO I CAN RUN IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION.. tic
that just sux. good luck to all.

if you find out where he's applying to next.. please let me know. SO I CAN RUN IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION.. tic
LMAO! But not at him ... merely with him.

Trust me ... if he reads this he'll LHAO, too! :D

Minh

Well, big difference between 200 and 400 for me, I have 220 below me. Guess I better get my app into Home Depot, yipee for me. :( Delta adds flying to the other contracts and shrinks Comair, sucks to be the scapegoat.

Hey, I've got about 220 below me as well. I Feel your pain. Any number though will affect us all. Home Depot is going to be a tough place to get a job here soon.

Latest resources

Back