Comair to furlough 500??!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASH

Crew room rumor was about a meeting yesterday with Fred Butrell where this was announced? Truth?

Will Delta offer any furloughed Comair pilots interviews without having to resign seniority number?

Aight that was a sick joke. But this sounds like a rumor with nothing to back it.

FWIW....posted on another thread

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=62106&page=6&pp=15

Fred Buttrell went into a recurrent on Friday.

He was intending to talk for about 30 minutes.

He spoke for 2 hours.

Supposedly he was almost in tears as he gave some of the news.

He never wanted to furlough as we were going to be overstaffed for December by 160 pilots, because 5000 block hours were going to be taken away by Delta.

Well Fred said Friday that he had just received some very bad news from Delta and that the block hours were going to be cut more than the 5000 hours.

Not good.

This is when my source said he was almost in tears. He was no longer going to be able to avoid a furlough. This upset him. He wants to grow Comair. Nobody can say he wants us to shrink.

He said he'll have to release the information soon and he's not sure if it's going to be 200 or 400 furloughs. They're analyzing the situation and trying to make a decision.

Supposedly he did mention, "I don't want to announce a furlough of 400 pilots, when it really needs to be 200"

So, maybe the original talk of losing 40 planes is correct? Because 40 planes would require a reduction of a little more than 400 pilots.

This would mean our flying would be reduced by over 20%!!!

Oh and has anybody else been hearing 13% pay cut? This would make 4th Yr F.O. pay about $33/hour.

Not good.

Jet

p.s. can't wait to dump the Delta anchor...

"Can't wait to dump the Delta anchor"??

Dumping that "anchor" could very easily lead to Comair ending up in the same boat as Independence. Be careful what you wish for.

I don't really have that wish. However, I do hope (wish, pray, etc.) that the upcoming reduction in flying is not "as bad" as everyone is hearing.

Whatever the reduction is, it is going to hurt all of us in one way or another.

I.P. Freley said:
"Can't wait to dump the Delta anchor"??

Dumping that "anchor" could very easily lead to Comair ending up in the same boat as Independence. Be careful what you wish for.

Understood, but I think you are still WAY better off with Delta than most imaginable alternatives... I know more than one person who used to work at ACA that have changed their attitude (even if only a little) about the "anchor" that was United.

Latest resources

Back