Comair to furlough 500??!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL said:
is anybody else getting the feeling that pitting mainline v. regional is the same as that episode of "Twighlight Zone" where the aliens were able to invade by turning power off in one house or the other with a divide and conquer strategy?

Don't move a muscle...thread hijacking in progress...

That Twighlight Zone episode was the second best episode ever!!!!.

First place goes to one where the "giant" old lady in the rural house was terrorized in the middle if the night by "miniature robot aliens from outer space" with rotating radar dishes as heads...only after destroying the flying saucer with an axe, we find "United States Air Force" painted on the side of the "UFO".

....hijacking complete....

~~~^~~~ said:
Dan Ford filed his lawsuit in time to protect the CY 96 scope which allowed airplanes up to 105 seats on the Delta Connection property. ASA had a few of them when I hired in.
Why would danno give a crap about what ASA does? He works for comair! comair pilots have shown how little they care about anyone else in this biz. Their actions have spoken volumes over the past several years. ford only cares about ford!
The current battle is over the 100 seat airframes. I think Mr. Ford's suit is incredibly relevant. If Delta were to put 100 seat jets at mainline CA Ford might be able to throw down an injunction until his case is settled. (I don't know, and I'm not that close to the action)
ford wouldn't throw a rock at a riot. this loser had 9 out of 10 claims thrown out of court on this rediculous suit. What amazes me is how far you have your nose up his behind. What you fail to see (which by the tone of your posts doesn't surprise me) is that DAL management can do what ever it wants with 100 seat airframes and there isn't a dang thing your wonderful ford can do about it
and 737FO, if this were about money it would have already been settled. ALPA has money and is willing to do the kind of deal they did to get rid of the Jet America lawsuit. You are a good researcher, look up that case and look at our EVP's (things that make you go, "huh?") Capt. Ford was quoted as having said this was about changing the union's behavior and I believe him.
I don't have to do research about it. I look at the claims filed by your moronic group. Its all about greed! The monetary damages sought by your bunch of losers was beyond comprehension. And if you believe him,(which proves just how stupid you are) I have some real estate for sale in the Florida everglades!
Besides, ALPA simply must do something to stop alter ego. Your proposed 100 seat rates should be enough to convince you of the need for a return to ALPA's core beliefs.

OUR proposed rates?? Its managements proposed rates! More spin by you, but that has been come to be expected. Your group is so desparate that it is laughable. I almost feel sorry for you guys......Not really!
Fins, one thing you have to remember, I will say it slowly now ALL... FLYING... UNDER... THE... DAL... CODE... IS... SUBJECT... THE... DELTA.... PILOTS'... PWA! Instead of attacking ours, maybe you should be more concerned with your own. Seems the likes of Mesa and CHQ is where your beef should be!

I've talked the Walton Kids and Bill Gates into each giving $10,000,000,000.00 for a total of $20 Billion TO HELP DELTA AND COMAIR IF AND ONLY IF the Delta pilots and Comair/ASA/RJDC pilots stop bickering.

They're monitoring this thread to see if anyone bickers.

If a Delta pilot bickers first then $1 Billion goes to buying Comair and then Comair gets the remaining $19 Billion to buy 7E7's, 747's, 757's, and 767's and take over the WORLD.

If a Comair/ASA/RJDC member bickers first Comair is dismantled for spare parts and Delta gets the $20 Billion.

SO LET'S SEE WHO BICKERS FIRST.

THEY'RE WATCHING YOU :) :) :)

Last edited:
jetflyer said:
SO LET'S SEE WHO BICKERS FIRST.

THEY'RE WATCHING YOU :) :) :)

OK, I'll start!
The rjdc are a bunch of................................Who cares, there won't be much of Delta left anyway after all the management crooks get their payouts!

LOL, cool comair is getting 747's :)

737pylt gets preferential hiring but has to give us his Delta seniority number :) ;)

Jet

Last edited:
Why Unions Do Not Work

The interesting thing about unions is that their purpose was to unify labor groups in an effort to equalize the power held by management. Unify employees toward a common goal of equitable pay and fair work rules -- that was the union call. The problem with unions as they apply to pilot work groups is that pilots (and I am one of them) are generally the most self-centered, spoiled, whiny group of immature egotists who ever joined a work force. Anyone who disagrees with me should just read the previous 20 posts in this thread.

The fact is, we haven't reached the bottom yet and you #*$&!#%$ pigs cannot do a thing about it -- because you are too busy blaming each other for your problems to consider that your brother pilot has very little to do with the problems you currently face. If I was in management (and I am not), I would create a new regional carrier every quarter and I would find young, hungry 1200 hour flight instructors to fly these new airplanes at roughly $20,000 per year more than they were making as flight instructors. I would do that because I know that there isn't anything you sniveling, spoiled little brats would do about it except blame the new guys for taking the jobs. That's right; you wouldn't even think of assembling as one unified group against management, telling them "we're mad as hell and we aren't going to take it anymore." And that is why unions do not work. If they did work, the MEC of every pilot group would have every other MEC on his/her speed dial and they would be talking every day. A pilot constitution would be adopted that would mandate equitable pay for each equipment type, irrespective of company, and comparable work rules for every pilot group. If ANY company tried to form a new carrier to avoid the constitutional mandates, it would be a basis for an industry-wide grievance, putting in motion all necessary procedural remedies including an industry-wide strike.

I listen on the radio as my brothers and sisters from Northwest, Delta, Continental, American, US Air, Express Jet, Mesaba, Pinnacle, Comair, CHQ, TSA, Skywest, Mesa and others safely and professionally fly their 777s and CR7s from destination to destination. I don't hear anybody from management sitting those long hours in the cockpit, waiting at one o'clock a.m. for the hotel van or spending long days away from their families. Nope. Just hard-working pilots trying to make a living on what little is left from the mismanagment of their companies.

I would never wish this life on my children but it has nothing to do with the state of the industry. It is because of what I read in this thread. A complete lack of unity among the professionals that share my skies; only finger-pointing and insults and blame. If these professionals -- if we -- were to somehow muster the courage to collectively stand up for what we really believe -- that this livelihood is worth preserving and that our profession really means something important, then I might encourage others to join the profession.

But for now, there is no unity -- only the misplaced blame, fear and disdain for each other that is readily evident in this thread. We have no one to blame but ourselves for our circumstances. I see no evidence on this board of the courage necessary to change the direction we're heading. I'll see all of you in hell.

Personally, I'm going to the franchise show here in CLT tomorrow. I think I'll go back to the real business world where you actually get paid commensurate with your abilities and effort.

"YGTBSM! You make stuff up out of thin air. At least the General has credible sources. Your pure hatred for mainline has you dilusional! Did a mainline pilot have sex with your wife or something?? " Quote from 737 Pylt

You are right, I too seriously doubt that. If they had sex with anyone it would have been his brother!

awww, yall didn't think this thread was dead did ya??? come on lets get that mainline/regional pissing match going again, there isn't anything good on t.v. tonight!!

Latest resources

Back